Chai Tea Cake Recipes

Baking By ThreeDGirlie Updated 6 Nov 2008 , 11:36pm by DiscoLady

ThreeDGirlie Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 1:11pm
post #1 of 8

Anybody care to share their tried and true Chai Tea cake recipes? I am looking to make cupcakes, and eventually layer cakes with it. Scratch or doctored box are fine - I do both.

I have found a few recipes, but I'm not sure what to use, and I even thought if using the caramel vanilla cake recipe from the recipe section and subbing out the creamer for chai tea latte mix... So let me know what y'all do!

7 replies
chutzpah Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 1:14pm
post #2 of 8

I use my yellow cake recipe and add powdered chai.

ThreeDGirlie Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 3:12pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks Chutzpah!

Most of the recipes I've seen have been for a bundt cake and I don't think that's what I'm going for here. The caramel vanilla cake recipe on here is a doctored yellow cake mix (I know your feelings on that icon_wink.gif ) that uses powdered creamer for the caramel vanilla flavor. So I think I'll start with that and sub powdereed chai latte for my first try and go from there.

Parable Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 4:43pm
post #4 of 8

I think your idea of using the powdered chai mix will work just fine. When I made mine, I used a yellow box mix and doctored it with the spices. The spices are pretty basic and I already had them on hand.

calynmom Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 4:50pm
post #5 of 8

How much chai would I use?

MikeRowesHunny Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 4:58pm
post #6 of 8

There is a fabulous Chai cupcake recipe in the Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World book. If you'd like it, pm me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you icon_smile.gif (you can make it non-vegan by using butter/milk etc as preferred!).

DiscoLady Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 11:36pm
post #8 of 8

I made chai tea cupcakes and they were heavenly!! I made about 2 cups of chai tea using my powdered spiced chai tea and just replaced the liquid in the recipe for this. For the icing I prepared a simple buttercream recipe and added some of the powder to the icing. Voila!

Quote by @%username% on %date%