New Video: Bc Hydrangeas, Gerber Daisies, Etc

Decorating By SeriousCakes Updated 16 Oct 2008 , 6:49am by Homemade-Goodies

SeriousCakes Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 1:16am
post #1 of 14

Here's my latest, how to make bc hydrangeas and daisies, and how my experiment with air drying flowers turned out icon_biggrin.gif

13 replies
ibmoser Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 1:32am
post #2 of 14

Another wonderful video - love your panel of experts thumbs_up.gif

rezzygirl Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 1:59am
post #3 of 14

Thank you! I love watching your videos!! thumbs_up.gif

angelatx Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 2:20am
post #4 of 14

love the video, thnx Seriouscakes! so did you get the gerber daisy to work?? i have a lil asst. too, he gets into everything! persistent just like yours, his name is Phoenix. have a great week everyone!! icon_biggrin.gif

purplebutterfly1234 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 3:03am
post #5 of 14

Thanks for sharing! =)

SeriousCakes Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 5:55pm
post #6 of 14

I kept trying to respond to this but it wasn't showing up!

Ok, lol, thank you everyone for the compliments icon_biggrin.gif angelatx -after what happened to that daisy I decided not to try it again, save it for my next experiment icon_lol.gif

Homemade-Goodies Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 6:11pm
post #7 of 14

Funny thing was that I watched your video this morning when cleaning out my IE bookmarks (yours didn't get deleted, btw! thumbs_up.gif )

I loved the idea...I suppose with enough time to dry. they'd work great. I'm mad for the pretty! Thanks for the ideas!!

Krstle Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 7:20pm
post #8 of 14

Great video! You have an awesome production crew! thumbs_up.gif

stephaniescakenj Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 8:18pm
post #9 of 14

I loved it! It was very funny and informative. I'm going to look for your other videos now!

DsLady614 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 11:24pm
post #10 of 14

Another great video!! I got to thinking, I wonder if there is a way to flip those larger flowers without crushing them, then pull the paper off and allow the "back" to set a bit as well. That way you could move it, without having it deform itself. I have a batch of leftover icing in the fridge, maybe I'll try it out and see what I can do.

SeriousCakes Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 3:14am
post #11 of 14

lol-I posted a response to this but it never showed up! Crazy computers icon_lol.gif
vstar_pilot -did you do the experiment? I thought about that too and I'm sure that would be easier, just peeling off the wax paper.
I'm so excited, I have another video in the works, just won't have time to work on it until this weekend icon_sad.gif

DsLady614 Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 3:27am
post #12 of 14

Serious... I didn't try it yet. I'm hoping maybe this weekend. Still need to figure out what to flip them onto. I want something soft, so maybe they won't flatten. A piece of foam maybe? I'll let you know what I figure out.

SeriousCakes Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 3:39am
post #13 of 14

Sweet! thumbs_up.gif

Homemade-Goodies Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 6:49am
post #14 of 14

vstar_pilot...what about a pile of cornstarch or powdered sugar? I was watching "How It's Made" and I see a lot of candy company use cornstarch as their molds, then shake it all off once everything is dried/jelled. It's be a soft thing for the top of the flowers to lay in while the bottoms dried, I'd think. Just a suggestion...let us know how your experiment works out! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%