My First Cake...

Decorating By lukenmedifsmom Updated 13 Oct 2008 , 3:33pm by lapazlady

lukenmedifsmom Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 9:19pm
post #1 of 11

I am going to attempt my first cake this weekend. icon_smile.gif (I am sooo excited!!) I have a few questions.

1-I found a cake design on this site that I want to try. Should I ask the person who posted the pic if it's ok to use their idea? Or should I just use it?!

2-I also found a recipe for a Strawberry cake on this site that I want to try. Here is the linkhttp://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Recipes&file=print&recipeid=4403
Do you all think it would be too difficult for me to try as a first timer?

Thanks so much!!

Brooke! icon_smile.gif

10 replies
stsapph Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 9:30pm
post #2 of 11

Hey Brooke!
Good luck on you first cake. As for the design, it's always nice to ask, but definitely give credit where it is due. Also, most ppl here will help you if they know you are trying their design so it might be beneficial. As for the cake, I say shoot the moon. If it sounds good, then try it. The worst that can happen is it doesn't work out. Besides, it sounds like a fairly simple recipe so you should be fine. Just remember, have fun! That's the most important thing.

AdeleP Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 11

Good luck with your 1st cake, i'm sure it will turn out great,

I think that you should ask the cake designer as it would be a lovely gesture and you could try the strawberry recipe it just depends on how confident you feel. I personally started with a basic recipe for my first cake and worked from there.

As i said, the very best of luck and please keep us informed it will be nice to see the result!!

Adele

lapazlady Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 9:33pm
post #4 of 11

The person that made the cake you wish to copy would love you to thank her for the orignal idea. You could PM her if you feel the need. Some decorators are delighted to respond and others are just too busy to respond quickly. As for making the cake... Read the directions for the cake, before you do anything. Be sure you have all the ingredients, double check. Follow the directions carefully and you will have a perfect cake. Go for it. Have lots of fun and post pictures. Nothing to it, but to do it.

lukenmedifsmom Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 10:43pm
post #5 of 11

Thanks!!!!!! I will PM the designer to ask her. I was thinking I should. I imagine it is very frusterating whe someone doesn't ask!!! I want to try a plain cake but I didn't find any recipes that looked like what I was looking for. I will post pics of the cake I seen on here and the cake I make. Thanks again so much!!

lukenmedifsmom Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 11:42am
post #6 of 11

I PMed the designer and she said to go for it!! So This weekend we'll see!!! Can't wait!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif!!!!!

stsapph Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 11:51am
post #7 of 11

Can't wait to see it! Have fun!

ps3884 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 12:33pm
post #8 of 11

Good luck! Can't wait to see the finished product - and strawberry cake, yum.

Most important - Have Fun!! thumbs_up.gif

-Penny

ps3884 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 12:34pm
post #9 of 11

Good luck! Can't wait to see the finished product - and strawberry cake, yum.

Most important - Have Fun!! thumbs_up.gif

-Penny

lukenmedifsmom Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 1:29pm
post #10 of 11

Thank you all so much!

lapazlady Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 3:33pm
post #11 of 11

Great, can't wait to see the finished product.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%