Truffle Recipe That Freezes Well?

Sugar Work By ziggytarheel Updated 14 Oct 2008 , 12:07pm by ziggytarheel

ziggytarheel Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 7:02pm
post #1 of 3

I think I would like to make some truffles for Christmas gift giving. I don't do well with last minute things in December...they often don't happen! I would love to make truffles later this month and freeze them, if they would still be good in early December.

I looked at a highly rated Alton Brown recipe, but no one mentioned (that I saw) freezing them.

Has anyone done this successfully? Would you mind sharing your recipe?

I'm not picky in what I'm looking for...just delicious chocolate for some chocoholic friends. icon_smile.gif

2 replies
JoAnnB Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 1:49am
post #2 of 3

they all freeze fine, the trick is to prevent freezer burn. If you have a self-defrosting freezer, it can speed up the freezer burn potential, because the freezer warms slightly to melt the frost, then re-freezes.

One way that can help, put them in boxes, then in vacuum seal bags and vacuum seal them. (the box prevents crushing.)

ziggytarheel Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 12:07pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks so much for your help. I never got a notification of a reply and it didn't show up on my watched topics, so I had given up.

My freezer is frost-free, but I don't have much of a problem with freezer burn in general. I will take your advise to wrap well, etc.

Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%