Cake Boxes

Decorating By BabyBear3 Updated 12 Oct 2008 , 8:14pm by DianeLM

BabyBear3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyBear3 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 5:25pm
post #1 of 6

I have a baby shower cake that I need to deliver to a coworker on Friday (instead of delivering to the location on Saturday). I guess I have a couple of questions.........

1. Can you box up a 2 tier cake already staked?

2. Would it be easier to box the layers seperately and tell her how to stack them herself?? Which I am nervous about!

3. Where would I get a box for this occasion???

5 replies
reenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reenie Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 6

If it were me, I'd fond a box (either from the P.O. or a storage supply place) that big enough to fit the cake's base in it. I fold the bottom flaps in so that I get the most even area for the base to sit on as possible. I put a few stripes of non-slip material into the bottom of the box and carefully slide the cake in. I don't even worry about closing it. Every time I close it it's my luck that the flaps on the inside of the box touch the top tier of my cake. Although if you insist on having it covered, I'd drape some plastic wrap over the top and tape it to the sides of the box. To remove the cake from the box just have them cut the corners of the box.

LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 6

I have stacked a 2 tier cakes (no columns of course) in boxes before. I usually get a 12" box that is deeper than the sheet cake boxes. Check your local cake supply store.

I order mine from B&G paper online. I usually get them in 2-3 days and you don't have to order in bulk.

Here is the link if you are ever interested...

www.bgpaper.com

I should specify...you will not be able to close the lid!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 7:38pm
post #4 of 6

I have used a 12X12X6 box, cut off the lid, and replaced it with plastic wrap. I would definately not give it to her with "some assembly required". icon_wink.gif

BabyBear3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyBear3 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 8:10pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks ya'll! I was worried about the "some assembly required" thing -- but I wasn't sure of my options!

Thanks for the advice!!!

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 8:14pm
post #6 of 6

I have customers pick up two-tiered cakes all the time. I package them up like this:
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%