Help With Letter To Bride

Decorating By seagoat Updated 12 Oct 2008 , 7:12pm by seagoat

seagoat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seagoat Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 3:56pm
post #1 of 3

Good morning....

I just received an email from a prospective client. My concern is that this will be strictly over email. Since I am in Costa Rica and the bride to be is in the states. They will be getting married in February, here in CR. I am not so good at writing professional letters. Could you help me on what I should say/include in these emails?

This is from the FBTB,
Hello Jessica,
Your name was given to me by *lawyer*. My fiancé and I will be getting married in Samara in February and wondered if you would give us ideas and prices about wedding cakes (very small wedding, maybe 10-15 people in attendance).
Thank you

I know many of you do this in your sleep.....

thanks for the help

2 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 5:17pm
post #2 of 3

Dear ----,

(If you want to write something friendly about choosing a beaucitful location to get married, etc etc put it here)

My pricing starts at $X per serving, but it depends on what type of design you're looking for. A small cake like you will need can be one or two tiers, so it will depend on whether you want something a little more formal or just a one-tiered cake for your guests. If you can give me any ideas about what you're thinking of, I can give you a more specific idea of the price. I will also need to know the location of your reception at the start times so that I can make sure I'll be available for the delivery.

Thanks,
XXXX

seagoat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seagoat Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 7:12pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks costumeczar,

It's so informal down here, I didn't want to come across as a "yeah, sure...I can do that".

I'm sure I'll need more advice soon....

Thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%