Daughter's 1St Birthday

Decorating By mray01 Updated 13 Oct 2008 , 4:51pm by bellabiaggio

mray01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mray01 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 2:15pm
post #1 of 3

Good morning everyone!
My daughter will be 1 on January 3rd. I am desparately looking for birthday & cake ideas for her. Obviously I feel very limited since her birthday is in January. It's not like we can have a cook out or something. Any suggestions on party ideas & a cake would super appreciated!!! I'm not looking to have her party anywhere but at home.

Thanks for any help &/or suggestions you have!

2 replies
reenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reenie Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 3

For my son's birthday we did sub sandwiches (bought the French bread, meats, cheese, etc. all separate at Wal-Mart... it's cheaper than if you buy it already made) and chips with cake and drinks. It was nice because everyone got to cut off a piece of sandwich in the size they wanted and not much if anything went to waste. I think out of 6 subs I'd made we had 1 left over (I figured 4 servings per sub) and we had it the next day for lunch. As far theme for the party goes, I just stuck to a color scheme and decorated with balloons and streamers.

bellabiaggio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellabiaggio Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 4:51pm
post #3 of 3

My daughter is a January baby too. She is 4 now, but for her first birthday, I used the 1st birthday theme at the local party store. I think that it was called "Hugs and Stitches". Most party stores have cute first birthday themed stuff. You could always do a winter theme, like a snowflake princess. How about her bedding? I like to draw ideas from the nursery theme or even their pajamas. I'm actually going to use the pattern on one of my youngest daughter's onesies for the design on a friend's daughter's 1st birthday cake. Hope that helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%