Will Freezing Ri Decorations Make It Dry Faster?

Decorating By TrinaH Updated 12 Oct 2008 , 2:35pm by roosterroses

TrinaH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TrinaH Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 6:41am
post #1 of 6

Or will it not help at all?

5 replies
Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 6:51am
post #2 of 6

When I tried it, it didn't help. When I took them out of the freezer they collected condensation and still had to dry in the open air anyway.

AmieW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmieW Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 7:01am
post #3 of 6

Putting them in the oven works, really low on like 200 but you just have to watch them. the oven takes out the moisture really fast but will melt them also if left in too long. this also works with fondant and gumpaste..i've done this so i know it works!!!

TrinaH Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 7:47am
post #4 of 6

Hmmm, I might try that!! I'm just afraid they won't be dry enough by 11:30 am (it's 2:45 am now) because I just got done! So, I think it's worth a try!! I had PLANNED on being done 6 hours or so ago, but DH had to work all day at the last minute and this was NOT something I wanted to try with 5 kids tearing through the house around me!

Thank you both so much, I think you may have just averted a disaster for me icon_biggrin.gif

TrinaH Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 7:51am
post #5 of 6

Oh, Amie... if you HAPPEN to still be around...

I'm making spider webs with the RI ... so they aren't very thick. Can you give me a ROUGH idea of how long you'd put them in the oven for? I will watch them closely but I don't know if I should be aiming for 5 minutes or an hour haha

roosterroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roosterroses Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 2:35pm
post #6 of 6

I usually put RI items in the oven to dry, but only leave the light on with thinner items.... just enough heat from the light and don't have to watch them. Can do this overnight just fine.
HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%