Finally A Cake I Feel Proud Of

Decorating By tomsmom245 Updated 12 Oct 2008 , 12:44pm by tomsmom245

tomsmom245 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 3:09am
post #1 of 8

I know I don't have near the talent that most of you awesome artists have but I must say that I am FINALLY proud of this cake I did. Generally I HATE every cake I do and I am almost embarrassed to charge for them.

So, I just wanted to share that with you icon_smile.gif I don't really like the topper that is on the cake but it's what the bride chose. I love the rest of the cake.

7 replies
tomsmom245 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 3:11am
post #2 of 8

of course the pic didn't post right. It's in my photos. It's the round wedding cake.

SliceTheCake Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 3:40am
post #3 of 8

it looks great - good job! and your other cakes are beautiful too!

fidos_mom Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 3:54am
post #4 of 8

You SHOULD be proud. It is beautiful. I am partial to roses anyway but the simplicity and construction of the cake really set them off.

And I would be proud to tell my relatives in Centerpoint and Saline City about you!! (That's some high praise there!)

Take care and God bless!

itsasweetthing Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 4:11am
post #5 of 8

You are really your own worst critic. I can totally understand, us cake artists are perfectionists as we want to do our best always.
With each cake I have done I have taught myself something new with my own critisism. My husband tells me (after I complain about something that I could have or should have done better or differently) that it's always something that NO ONE ELSE WOULD EVER NOTICE. Except for another cake artist, of course. icon_wink.gif
Be proud, you are talented. Besides, even for the best decorator, "there is always room for improvement!" icon_smile.gif

Keep piping!

angelatx Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 4:12am
post #6 of 8

I think its beautifamous!! icon_biggrin.gif

megankennedy Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 4:56am
post #7 of 8

great job - I know how it feels, I just did the first cake I'm really proud of tonight as well.. cant wait to load pics

congrats! thumbs_up.gif

tomsmom245 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 12:44pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks everyone! icon_biggrin.gif Megan I can't wait to see your cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%