Ices Members I Need Your Help For My Collect Buisness Class

Decorating By amariefen Updated 16 Oct 2008 , 6:52pm by chelleb1974

amariefen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amariefen Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 7

Hi folks I need your help.

I have to write a paper about being involved in a group. I've been on Ices website and got some of the information I need, but not all of it.
1) What involvement do you have in your local charter?
2) Does your group have goals? Are they effective?
3) What kind of communication is involved in your group? How often do you get together? do you do any volunteer work, etc?
4) How do you see the leadership in the group?
5) how do you make decisions within the group?

**I appreciate any information you can give me** I attend a adult college program. My goal is getting my degree on how to run a business properly. I also am a huge baker. I may not post a lot, but I get a lot of information and help on this wonderful website.

6 replies
amariefen Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 2:44pm
post #2 of 7

Can anyone help with my post? PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!!! icon_cry.gif

SweetArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetArt Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 3:03pm
post #3 of 7

1. I'm just a member. I hold no office. I've been there about 1 1/2 years.

2. I believe their goal is to spread and further people's abilities in cake decorating. Yes they're effective. They share info, give demos, and invite others.

3. Most communication is done through e-mail and group meetings twice yearly. Everyone one pitches in where needed during the meetings, and volunteers to do demos. I will also be doing a demo at the coming meeting.

4. Our leadership is great. Bubbly and excited about everything we do. Comes up with great ideas and efficiently gets things done.

5. Ideas can be passed along to the leader, but official decisions are done during the business meeting while they're taking minutes and such.

I hope I answered your questions like you needed.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 12:10pm
post #4 of 7

Sidetracking a little from your orig question, but where in Indiana are you? We have a good ICES group. You can get membership info at Ms. B's Sweet Supply .... Marsha who owns the store can help you with all of that. (She might be able to help with yoru project, too.)

Here's her website: http://www.msbssweetsupplies.com/ Tell her Debi sent ya!

Granpam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Granpam Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 12:54pm
post #5 of 7

First I would like to say I love going to ICES meetings I have learned so much from them. To answer your questions.

1. I am the alternate rep covering the upstate of South Carolina. I think I have been a member 5 or 6 years.

2. Our goals are to promote all the different aspects of Sugar Art. We do this by having 4 meetings a year with guest sugar artists from our club and other ICES clubs across the Nation. We have had demos from such notables as Nick Lodge. Ruth Rickey will be here in November and Bronwen Webber is coming in the spring.

3. Comunication is done by email with a newslwetter and at other times when our Rep gets information from other chapters. Our newsletter has recipes and a bragging page of cakes we have done. We also can sign up to be on a member list so we can help out if somone is in need of a decorator .

4. Our Rep is wonderful she is the force behind our chapter. Very easy to work with and gets things done.

5. All decisions are brought before the membership at the meetings discussed and then voted on.

amariefen Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 1:22pm
post #6 of 7

Indydebi....Marsha taught me all 3 Wilton classes at her shop. I live out west past Brownsburg. I thought about giving her a call today at lunch. I know sometimes she can be tough to get a hold of by phone or even e-mail. Thanks.

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 6:52pm
post #7 of 7

I want to re-interate what indydebi said, you should definitely check out your local ICES group, even if you're just a hobby baker.

Ok.....on to your questions:

1. I have been a member of my local chapter for about 2 years. This past June I was elected the treasurer of our chapter.

2. This was taken from SweetArt's post, because I don't have a better way of wording it: I believe their goal is to spread and further people's abilities in cake decorating. Yes they're effective. They share info, give demos, and invite others.

3. Among the executive board, we communicate mostly via e-mail or the phone. As a chapter, a newsletter is sent out, I believe, 4 times a year. We also have a website that members can go and check out too that has some information on it. Not sure if I'm allowed to post it, but if anyone would like it, feel free to PM me. We hold meetings 4 times a year.

4. Our leadership is new as of June 2008, so we'll see how it goes.

5. As Granpam said, topics are brought up and discussed at meetings and voted on if a vote is needed.

I hope my answers help with your project. If you want any other information, please feel free to PM me.

P.S. I'm in Massachusetts, not sure if that's in my signature or with my avatar, lol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%