Edible Image Cookies

Baking By delicious_designs7 Updated 26 Oct 2008 , 8:00pm by preciosa225

delicious_designs7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delicious_designs7 Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 8:55pm
post #1 of 14

My husband recently got me an edible image printer for our Anniversary, and I have been experimenting. I did a cookie bouquet where the center cookie had an edible image on it. I was wondering if anyone here has tried this, and could tell me if you have received feedback on the taste of the cookie with the edible image on it. The edible image paper I got was from kopycake.com and it is rather thick. I didn't know if this interferes with the overall taste/texture of the cookie.
Thanks!
--Jamie

13 replies
delicious_designs7 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 12:14am
post #2 of 14

bump

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 12:35am
post #3 of 14

I do edible image cookies. I use thinned karo syrup to attach them to MMF. I use the icing sheets from Icing Images. There is no mouth feel what so ever. I don't know about the KopyKake icing sheets, if you already have them, just try them, they are probably similar to the Icing Images sheets.

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 12:50am
post #4 of 14

I tasted the sheet by itself and it was aweful. Then I tasted the image after it was transferred (both to cookies and cakes). The image takes on the taste of the frosting you use.

delicious_designs7 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 12:54am
post #5 of 14

OK. Thank you both!

khufstetler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khufstetler Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 1:27pm
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by linedancer

I do edible image cookies. I use thinned karo syrup to attach them to MMF. I use the icing sheets from Icing Images. There is no mouth feel what so ever. I don't know about the KopyKake icing sheets, if you already have them, just try them, they are probably similar to the Icing Images sheets.

O...M...G... Thank You SO MUCH linedancer for this one post. I had been looking for icing sheets all over the internet and it was getting down to the wire of me having to go ahead and buy. Because of this one post I went to Icing Images... bought ink and sheets... had them OVERNIGHTED... and printed my first batch last night. I am so happy with the texture and the result. It went through the printer without a hitch and came right off the backing EASILY with nothing but a peel. Laid the sheet down on my syrup covered MMF and POOF! Its miraculous.

And the lady at Icing Images was so helpful - there was an issue of yellow ink being on backorder and I was tripping out. She sent me a cartridge that had leaked sometime and stained the label just to get me through until the other came in and she is sending the new one FREE.

I love them.

Oh... and since this is about taste? icon_rolleyes.gif I agree... on MMF they taste fine!

linedancer Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 5:02pm
post #7 of 14

Glad I could help. I just happened to have an old printer (got a new print head for it, was set to go)that took the Icing Images cartridges, that's how I got hooked up with them. They do have good customer service. I have never had any trouble getting the images off the sheet. and it always amazes me that there is no taste or mouth feel once the image is on the cookie. The cookies are alot of fun to do.

preciosa225 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
preciosa225 Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 12:56pm
post #8 of 14

Hi all! Linedancer, how do you thin out the Karo Syrup? I would like to try this on my chocolate lollipops. I am attaching an edible image to them but was wrecking my brains thinking what I could use to attach it. Melted chocolate seemed too messy but I think this would work...At least its worth a try. But I am not sure how to thin the syrup...Please help!

preciosa225 Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 12:57pm
post #9 of 14

Hi all! Linedancer, how do you thin out the Karo Syrup? I would like to try this on my chocolate lollipops. I am attaching an edible image to them but was wrecking my brains thinking what I could use to attach it. Melted chocolate seemed too messy but I think this would work...At least its worth a try. But I am not sure how to thin the syrup...Please help!

linedancer Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 1:12pm
post #10 of 14

Good morning icon_smile.gif I thin my karo with water using about three parts water to one part karo. I use this to adhere both the MMF to the cookie and the icing image to the MMF. Works great, I use an artists brush to brush it on the entire cookie. It kind of soaks in, but adheres the fondant to the cookie nicely, without any karo getting on the fondant. When I am doing icing images, I brush the karo on the fondant in a smaller area that I want to cover, then lay the image on and move it around a little so the edges of the image have syrup on them and they will dry secure. Most of the time I do not pipe anything over the edges, I do some embossing around them. It is important not to smear the syrup on the fondant or image. It will dry, but will remain shiney. Now having said all of that, preciosa225, I don't know if it will work on chocolate, doesn't water do something bad to chocolate? As you say, its worth a try, let us know how it works.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 1:31pm
post #11 of 14

I'm really glad this came up, I have a cookie order using edible images that just came up and I'm not exactly sure what to do and how to do it.! icon_rolleyes.gif Thanks for posting! icon_biggrin.gif

linedancer Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 1:51pm
post #12 of 14

You are welcome thumbs_up.gif

preciosa225 Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 7:18pm
post #13 of 14

Thanks so much for this. You are right, water does mess up the chocolate, but I will figure this out and post it on here just as an FYI when I do..Thanks though because this is still good information to keep so if I ever have a cookie order!

preciosa225 Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 8:00pm
post #14 of 14

Thanks so much for this. You are right, water does mess up the chocolate, but I will figure this out and post it on here just as an FYI when I do..Thanks though because this is still good information to keep so if I ever have a cookie order!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%