Look What I Did After Viewing Sugarshack's Dvd's!!!!!!

Decorating By gingersoave Updated 14 Oct 2008 , 9:06pm by cylstrial

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 12:26am
post #31 of 47

You did an awesome job. I have Sharon's dvd. I look forward to doing it.

ILE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILE Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 12:38am
post #32 of 47

i have sharon's dvd(buttercream) it's great very helpful i need to get the learn to stock one.. thank you sharon....

gingersoave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingersoave Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 11:09am
post #33 of 47

Sharon, no I was not able to chill my tiers before removing them but here is another pic (my son was bored, he's 11, so he took 60 photo's of every angle, every movement!!!) But the cake came right off the board and had almost no chipping of the icing.

Sorry for all the photo's, yes, even this morning I am still on a cake high!!! My Daughter (12) said "The cake was 'okay' I've seen you do better, there was no color on this cake and it was plain" But that is what the bride wanted, I had to beg the bride to put on the mirrored monogram inititials on the top!!!
LL

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 9:40pm
post #34 of 47

It's a gorgeous cake! Just so you know, to view it don't click the link...that will give you the "file not found", just right-click and select "show picture" to see it. princess.gif

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 10:11pm
post #35 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandu001

Just so you know, to view it don't click the link...that will give you the "file not found", just right-click and select "show picture" to see it. princess.gif

You are a freaking GENIUS!!!! You know how many times I was hitting the refresh button to see the pictures. icon_redface.gif You don't want to know!

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 10:43pm
post #36 of 47

Wow, awesome cake Gingersouave. Sharon's DVD's are on my wish list.
Can't wait.

icon_smile.gif

patty7276 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patty7276 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 11:32pm
post #37 of 47

i am dying to see the pictures but for some reason can't get them to come up. what am i doing wrong? when i right click there is not an option that says "show pictue"

gingersoave Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 12:25am
post #38 of 47

Thanks Kandu001!!!! I was not able to view the pics but everyone was saying how great the cake looked! I kept hitting refresh and sometimes a picture would come up!

Patty, right click on the box ( I didnt hit the link only the box that the picture was supposed to be in) and it will say "show picture" in the drop box and it will come up!

Wow, I learn something new every day!!!!

TyTy78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TyTy78 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 6:51pm
post #39 of 47

You did a great job!!!. Her DVD's are on my wish list. I hope to get them soon.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 7:46pm
post #40 of 47

Wow, your BC looks like fondant!

I have got to get those videos out of their boxes and watch them again. I have been so afraid to give it a try, but I have a few quiet days coming up and that might be a good time. I have a new cake dummy sitting in the closet just screaming for some BC and SugarShack's techniques. icon_smile.gif

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 8:51pm
post #41 of 47

That is so brilliant! You have done a fantastic job. thumbs_up.gif

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 9:04pm
post #42 of 47

Glad I could help everyone see the gorgeous cake!! princess.gif

hilly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hilly Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 9:21pm
post #43 of 47

Absolutely perfect! Very impressive!

gingersoave Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 9:29pm
post #44 of 47

Thank you all!!! To some people this may seem easy to do but for me to follow SugarShack's DVD to a tee was such a huge accomplishment. I have watched the DVD's many times but have always been afraid to try something that I wasnt sure would work for me and then I would have a ruined cake and possibly have wasted money on the DVD's, BUT NO WAY, this really works!!!!!!! I followed the buttercream and the stacking DVD's to a tee (except for the bubble tea straws, couldnt get them in time, used dowel rods) and it worked. I'm proud of myself and now I have adopted Sharon's methods and will continue to use them. I am a Wilton Instructor so it's been a challenge not to mention these DVD's to my students and also I have to use the regular buttercream icing and that is hard to do after using the new SugarShack recipe......

Thank you all again!!!! I feel like a newbie all over again since I discovered Sharon's DVD's!!!

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 9:42pm
post #45 of 47

I had asked for all 3 DVD's for Mother's Day and didn't get them. icon_cry.gif My birthday is this week and after reading this, I think I'll just buy them for myself! icon_biggrin.gif

Beautiful job on the cake! thumbs_up.gif

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 9:48pm
post #46 of 47

OK...as a buttercream-preferred decorator, I'm very intrigued. In the words of my 9-year-old "that cake is huge-mongous!". I dream of having smooth frosting and sharp edges. So the buttercream disc is definitely going on my wishlist. I've never stacked a cake, so I just might have to get the tiered cake disc as well. I only WISH I could take some of your classes. I'm really itching to learn how to make fantasticgumpaste flowers.

Oh, and I keep reading about how nice and helpful Sharon has been, but that's not surprising...after all, she's in South Louisiana, like me, where you'll find the friendliest, most hospitable people on earth! Hands down. icon_biggrin.gif

In fact, I was wondering, Sharon, do you have a storefront? Could one visit you and purchase DVD's in person? Do you sell cake supplies?

I've been wondering about cake supplies distributors in the BR/NO area. I would love to take one or two of my cake friends and plan a nice daytrip.

Thanks.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 9:06pm
post #47 of 47

Awesome cake! It sounds like I'm going to need to buy Sugarshack's DVD's!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%