Handwriting????

Decorating By dedra_w_1980 Updated 13 Oct 2008 , 8:45am by agroeve

dedra_w_1980 Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 8

Hey everyone!!! I just wanted to ask if anyone could share any strategies or ways to improve my handwriting skills. I'm unfortunately a South Pole "Lefty", and have never been able to write well especially with icing (LOL). I use stencils but don't want to do that forever. Any help would be greatfull. TYI~Dedra~

7 replies
Cake_Princess Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 7:26pm
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedra_w_1980

Hey everyone!!! I just wanted to ask if anyone could share any strategies or ways to improve my handwriting skills. I'm unfortunately a South Pole "Lefty", and have never been able to write well especially with icing (LOL). I use stencils but don't want to do that forever. Any help would be greatfull. TYI~Dedra~

Practice.

sari66 Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 8

I'm a lefty too and I just wrote on every counter I worked on to practice, practice. Now it's pretty good.

JenniferMI Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 10:49pm
post #4 of 8

I LOVE using my KopyKake projector to do the writing on a cake. That way, you can have any style done perfect everytime. You will need to practice simple bag pressure with a small tip.... but I do my message on my computer, any font, then pop into the projector, trace it out with a pin and then pipe over that. Perfect every time icon_smile.gif

HTH!

Jen icon_smile.gif

mindywith3boys Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 6:43pm
post #5 of 8

I love the pin prick method! It's the best! icon_biggrin.gif

lvspaisley Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 8:00pm
post #6 of 8

What is the pin prick method?

mindywith3boys Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 12:51am
post #7 of 8

The pin pick method is when you pick the size and font that you want and print it out on regular printer paper Then you place the paper over Styrofoam and poke the edges of each letter with a pin creating bumps. Then you lay it on your crusted buttercream and gently rub the paper with the bumpy side down. It gives you a perfect impression of the letters.

HTH!

agroeve Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 8:45am
post #8 of 8

The pin prick method also works on fondant as long as you apply and rub the paper when the fondant is still soft. Just remember to put your pin holes close together as the first time i did this i put them quite far apart and couldn't make head nor tail out of it. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%