Anyone Have These Wilton Fondant Cut & Press Sets???

Decorating By prcutie71 Updated 13 Oct 2008 , 2:42am by joeskitty

prcutie71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prcutie71 Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 9:15am
post #1 of 7

HELP!!!
I bought these and thought it would be a breeze to use...uh NOPE!!! I read the instructions, executed...OMG!! I almost threw them in the ocean! My DH was laughing at me because I was so frustrated. I am pretty new to cake decorating and I thought these would be fun...so far...uh NO!
The fondant gets stuck in the the press and when I try to get it out with and tool it ruins it...I have sprinkled some powdered sugar in it, NOPE not that either!!!!
If anyone has these and can offer some BETTER help or advice...I am all EYES icon_eek.gif ...lol I would be all ears if I could hear you...lol
LL

6 replies
banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 9:30am
post #2 of 7

I can't see your attached picture but the one bit of advice I can offer regarding fondant and press sets is to roll the fondant super thin and leave it sit for a while then turn it over and leave it sit for another while and then try cutting/pressing the piece of fondant. I found this is the only way my letter sets work for me.

Tona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 9:55am
post #3 of 7

I bought these also and had the same problem ended up giving them away. To much trouble.

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 10:55am
post #4 of 7

I have considered purchasing these...so while I don't have any advice, I would love to hear more thoughts about these items and how you use them! icon_smile.gif

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 11:21am
post #5 of 7

Have you tried coating the press with crisco?

shadowgypsie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shadowgypsie Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 2:08am
post #6 of 7

A little advice on these presses. You have to leave the fondant rolled no less than a 1/4 " thick. Dust with cornstarch before using. Do not grease with Crisco because the fondant will stick. occasionally the pieces may not come out easily, if this happens try lifting an edge with a corsage pin.

I have both these presses and do not advise anyone to purchase them.

joeskitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joeskitty Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 2:42am
post #7 of 7

I have both the flower and the leaf set. I'm making 300 of the small leafs. So far to speed through them I dont use any kind of powdered sugar or anything. I press and them and then tap them on the table till it falls out. Doing it this way I dont have to worry about them getting dusty from the powered sugar or corn starch. Then if they dont have enough of the patteren on them i press them onto the purple side and that puts the pattern on alittle deeper.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%