My Sister Is 31 Yrs Old, She Was Diagnose With Breast Cancer

Lounge By miasuzzette Updated 16 Oct 2008 , 6:47pm by miasuzzette

miasuzzette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miasuzzette Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 3:26am
post #1 of 11

My Sister is 31 yrs old, She was diagnose with Breast Cancer & She's having a Mastectomy, On both Breast. She has 2 Kids. Please, Lets all FIGHT this TOGETHER. Even if it's $1.00 or more, itâs still a Donation. I'm sure you know someone that has CANCER or someone that knows that has CANCER, Please; Make a Donation, Thank You for looking, Please, Respond. It counts $1.00 or more.Now she has it under her Arm Pit. This hit my home it could hit your's or some close friend.

Dear coworkers, friends, and family,

This year, more than 250,230 women and men will hear the words, âYou have breast cancer,â and thereâs a good chance that some of them will be people we know and love. I have chosen to fight back against this disease and help make a difference by participating in the October 5 American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk in Hartford, and I hope you will join me.

Making Strides Against Breast Cancer is our opportunity to honor and celebrate breast cancer survivors, educate women about early detection and prevention, and raise money to fund lifesaving research and support programs that help ease the burden of patients and their families. But Making Strides is more than just the name of a walk; it describes the amazing progress we can make if we work together to defeat a disease that 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with in their lifetime.

Below is a link to my personal page. I hope you will visit my site and sign up to join my team. If you prefer, you can start your own team, sign up to walk as an individual, or make a donation. Hope starts with me and it can continue with you. Please join my team and walk with us to experience an incredible day of inspiration and meaning, and to provide hope for all people facing breast cancer, as well as the next generation.

To donate now, use this link to visit my personal page.

Sincerely,

Margarita Martinez

For cancer information 24/7, 365 days a year:
1.800.ACS(227).2345
http://www.cancer.org/
www.cancer.org/NEsupport

View the American Cancer Society
Thank You=]

10 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 3:31am
post #2 of 11

I am so sorry to hear this!

It's terrible that it usually takes this happening to someone we know to get the rest of us to take it seriously.

When it hit the family of a co-worker, my friend and I made a pact to get our first mammogram. The next morning she called me and said, "My appt is tomorrow. You have until the end of the day to make your appt!"

Please keep us posted on her progress. She's part of our CC family, ya know!

miasuzzette Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 3:32am
post #3 of 11

Please, Post any question, That u want to ask & Thank you for looking. You all have a Good One thumbs_up.gif

thumbs_up.gif The journey to Fight Cancer !!!!!

Come on, take the journey
you, me and all, take the step
no matter time or distance
all irrelevant
for a broken spirit the longest journey
is to the front door to open it
Reach out, give, take,
challenge the road, the journey calls
inside out, outside in
open your soul, your heart
let it be the bridge
to walk your journey
Fly with the wings of the thought
feel with the wisdom of yesterday
burry the sorrow, make place for the new
rejoice in what will come and dare
give way, don't let nothing frighten you
just make the journey of the heart

I Believe That together, We can Fight This! =]

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 5:20am
post #4 of 11

I am so sorry about your sister. I can't even imagine what you are going through. Please know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Please let us know how she is doing.

Kathy

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 5:24am
post #5 of 11

I am so sorry to hear this, I wish her the very best!!

My grandmother was first diagonosed with breat cancer several years ago, while her mother was dying with cancer, it was only in the one. It was treated with Radiation, cancer free for about 9 years. It shows back up in the same breast, she had it removed. She now only wishes she would have though first and also had the other removed. She says it is just another worry.

I do wish and pray for the best, cancer is such a serious things. So many people don't understand the importance of early detection!! Early detection will save your life!!! I do hope each woman- and man on here understands how serious cancer is. I am stepping off my soapbox now, sorry.

Your family will be in my prayers.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 1:13pm
post #6 of 11

My family has had every kind of cancer you can imagine. On Weight Watchers we have a group that is donating a certain amount of money per pound lost to donate to breast cancer awareness.

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 11:00pm
post #7 of 11

www.thebreastcancersite.com

First let me say I am very sorry to hear about your Sister, but there is definitley hope for a women with breast cancer.

My soon-to-be husbands sister was diagnosed in May has gone thru a masectomy, cemo and radiation and is doing fairly well. She's tired as he** all the time, but she's here, Amen, Amen!!!

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month so "clicks" count double all month long.

Your family will be in my prayers. K'ly

shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 12:07am
post #8 of 11

So sorry this is happening to your sister. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I make handcrafted soap and sell them at my husbands store. 10% of my sales goes to Susan G Komen For the Cure and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. It's not much but every little bit helps and it still allows me enough left over to buy my soaping supplies.

Cancer will affect everyone of us in one way or another. Research has come a long way.

I'm thankful for every day I am given.

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 6:41pm
post #9 of 11

That is so horrible! My mother went through breast cancer twice. (Once in each breast) The first one they found was when she was 35, but ignored until she was 40. icon_eek.gif She got a new dr after that. My mother's new dr told her that both me and my sister needed to get our first mam. by the time we turned 30. I talked to my obgyn about it and she agreed and told me to make an appt. I got the worst run around about it. I had 7 different people ask me why I needed to come in and then the tech. said "Well I'm not sure if we can do it." I was already there for my appt. I'm sorry, but if my dr agrees that I need one, why is it any of the tech's business. I did finally get it and it came back fine. People don't understand that women under 40 get breast cancer too. It just frustrates me. Your sister will be just fine. By the way, unless it's really bad she may not need a mastectomy (sp?) My mom still has both of hers. She fought the dr's about it and they ended up doing a lumpectomy (sp?). She did say that if she gets it for a 3rd time that she will be getting them both taken off and get a perky pair of boobs. icon_wink.gif Good luck with everything. Your sister definately needs your support right now. thumbs_up.gif

tchrmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tchrmom Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 1:23am
post #10 of 11

I have a horrendous family history of cancer, so I have been getting mammograms since before I was 30. They are mostly for baseline and being careful. I also just had a breast MRI-- better test for many kinds of cancer. I have also had ultrasounds. Apparently, they all find different things. So far, I have no first degree relatives, but my dad's parents both died of cancer, his mother of breast cancer at 36, and his father of pancreatic at about 57. His brother died of colon cancer at 46. My mother has 6 siblings, all of whom have had cancer, one of them twice. All have survived, except one. We take this very seriously in my family. I hope that this thread makes everyone go out and get whatever screenings are recommended for their age groups-- and even earlier if you have a family history.

I hope for the best for the OP and her family.

miasuzzette Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 6:47pm
post #11 of 11

There's a Test called PET SCAN Test is like a 4D Scan It scans the whole body to check for Cancer & Your Breast. Please, look into it. Thank you all for your Concern & responds, It is so appreciated. We need to Teach each other & comments to help others. This Cancer is not playing games & We need to fight this Monster. TOGETHER. You all have a Good One.

Margie Ct thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%