Anyone Catch "beautiful Sweets" On Recipe For Succ

Baking By yankeegal Updated 13 Oct 2008 , 7:14pm by MichelleM77

yankeegal Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 7

I watched it this morning on Food Network and found it really interesting. I get a lot of comments from people about when I am going to open my own shop, take more corporate orders, etc... These type of programs are eye-opening about what it really takes. (Big $$$$$$$$ for one!) I am not willing to take on that kind of debt-Not in these times!

I thought it was interesting also that they stopped doing bouquets because they were not cost effective and hard to ship. They have some really cute cookies.
Here is a link to their website:
http://www.beautifulsweets.com/

6 replies
Honeydukes Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 9:04am
post #2 of 7

I saw them a while back on Roker On The Road when they were called Beautiful Cookies. The organic angle is new.

They are still using old pictures. I'm wondering though, if the cookies look different now because of the organic food coloring. India Tree makes natural colors and they're pastel.
http://www.indiatree.com/products/decorative/natures_colors/nc-dyes.html
I'm also curious about the food markers. Has anyone ever seen organic food color markers? I went to the http://coloracookie.com/ website and can't find an ingredient list.

I don't think most people have any idea how much it costs to start a business. Or how much time it takes. I'm just happy being a hobbyist. icon_smile.gif

shanzah67 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 5:18pm
post #3 of 7

Same here.....nurse by profession and baker/crafter hobbyist. No pressure icon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 5:32pm
post #4 of 7

I know some friends who insisted on opening their own bakery with their own funds. It took a while but they maintain creative control over everything and they are their own bosses. icon_biggrin.gif

MichelleM77 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 6:48pm
post #5 of 7

I watched and have it DVR'd. I have that show set to record every time it's on! The only thing I hate is that those shows are years old. I wish they would make new shows. Oh well, still good to see how they did it. They are still in business, so they must be doing something right!

yellobutterfly Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 6:55pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

I watched and have it DVR'd. I have that show set to record every time it's on! The only thing I hate is that those shows are years old. I wish they would make new shows. Oh well, still good to see how they did it. They are still in business, so they must be doing something right!

I was thinking the exact same thing as I watched this episode the other day - I wish they would still make Recipe for Success, Food Finds, Roker on the Road, etc - they were my favorites!

MichelleM77 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 7:14pm
post #7 of 7

Yep, all of those are my favorites! I also miss Modern Masters on HGTV. I was a jeweler for a while and loved watching the other artists on that show.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%