Anyone In Nnj With An Edible Printer, Mine Just Broke..

Decorating By nickdrewnjaysmom Updated 11 Oct 2008 , 1:15pm by CreatedByMe

nickdrewnjaysmom Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 5

I need a few sheets printed for cookies, and my printer just clogged, and I can't fix it..If anyone is in the north Jersey area, that would do it for me (I would pay of coarse!!) please let me know!!

4 replies
flowers40 Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 8:43pm
post #2 of 5

I know this is going to be a big disappointment, but I'm not in your area. I am just posting, because I am having the same problem with my printer. I don't know what kind of printer you have, Cannon, Edson or Kopykake, but I have a Epson. And the last two times, I had this problem. 1st, try to stay calm. Second, remove your ink cartridge that does not seem to be printing, mine is always the black. Make sure not to touch the cooper pad on the cartridge. Tap the cartride on a hard service with a piece of towel paper, until you see some dots of ink coming out. Take a needle, insert it in the ink head on the bottom where the dot of ink is coming out, there should alread be a hole there, insert it in the existing hole, don't make a new one. Move it around, and tap, tap to continue to get ink(food coloring) Using a couple of damp cotton swabs clean the area where the cartride usually sets. Reinsert the cartridge and run a cartridte cleaning serveral times. Using regular paper, non edible paper, print one small image with all your colors. Keep repeating this until you get on good copy. Then hurry and insert your edible image to make your copies. This will only work for about 2 copies. This could take 45 min to a hour to get what you need, but don't waste your Edible Paper, use regular, with a much small idividula image to test. Hope this helps

nickdrewnjaysmom Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 9:48pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks for the help..but now I ate up so much ink trying to un clog it..Even if I get the clog fixed, I have no more ink...Boo Hoo..LOL

flowers40 Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 10:04pm
post #4 of 5

Next possibility. I use to work for Walmart, and we did edible images. Customer provided the pic and we scanned it and applied it to the cake. The cost of the edible image was arount $5.00 to $10.00. You could call a store who does these edible images, and ask it you supplied them with the pic, if they could print the image. I would think, they would have no problem charging you for only the edible image, and not make you purchase a cake. You would just need to be sure that image you give them will not involve copyright infringement. There is a small possiblity that they might do it for you. P.S. I assume you used all your ink before trying what I had told you - because this is why I said print a individual image in a much smaller size (like really small-just big enough to see). This would keep you from wasting ink also.

CreatedByMe Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 1:15pm
post #5 of 5

I don't know if I'm too late but I live in NNJ (Bergen County) I don't know where you are but I could try to help. Send me an email if you need me

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%