Can Someone Please Help Me With....

Decorating By MissJ Updated 10 Oct 2008 , 9:18pm by kakeladi

MissJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissJ Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 12

directions for using cake mixes out of the box and extending the ingredients to make more along with making the cake taste like a scratch (not boxed) cake and still remain moist at the same time. I'm having my babyshower on tomorrow (supposed to be on bedrest because I've already dialated icon_eek.gif Pray for me icon_lol.gif ) and I'm trying to swing this one all alone. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Oh...I have BC box cake mixes((3) of each both butter recipe yellow & milk chocolate)

Have a wonderful weekend!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

MissJ

11 replies
Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 2:52pm
post #2 of 12

Congratulations! I am not good with the off the cuff doctoring, but if you look in the recipe section under the boxed or doctored cakes, I am sure you can find something there to help you out.

Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness to you, your little one and your entire family.

You are in my prayers! If you want to hold off, try not to walk around too much. Walking will induce labor. icon_biggrin.gif

tammy712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissJ Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 3:05pm
post #4 of 12

Thanks Eisskween & Tammy712 for such speedy responses.

Eisskween....that's why I'm just now making my cakes because doctor told me to stay off my feet icon_sad.gif . But, if I make it to the shower.....after the shower I will be a walking monster icon_lol.gif .

MissJ

tmt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmt Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 3:07pm
post #5 of 12

it sounds like you are looking for a cake mix extender recipe? Here is one. It basically makes your mix yield more without changing the taste. I have used it and it works well.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1977-1-Cake-Mix-extender.html

MissJ Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 3:11pm
post #6 of 12

Thanks tmt thumbs_up.gif

Have a great weekend.

MissJ

Birdiepants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Birdiepants Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 3:50pm
post #7 of 12

Ok, this is from a Wilton forum and it's the only one I use now.
2 boxes yellow cake mix
2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
4 Sticks Butter (or 1/2 butter, 1/2 margarine)
2 2/3 cups of water (I use 3 cups)
6 eggs
1 box Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
2 tsp Baking Powder

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, mix until blended. Add cake mix, pudding, flour and baking powder. Blend on low while drizzling in water in a thin stream.

MissJ Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 4:01pm
post #8 of 12

Hey Birdiepants,

Thanks a lottttt!!!!!

Have a great weekend thumbs_up.gif

MissJ

MissJ Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 6:21pm
post #9 of 12

OK.......I ended up using the cake mix extender on this site & my cakes taste grrrrrreat.

Now I'm up on a new challenge and I'm full of questions because all of my stuff is in storage so the only option I have is to run to my CC family thumbs_up.gif.

I need to know which buttercream icing would be best for putting stars on a cake (lots of stars) using the star tip without the icing being too soft. I tried a recipe that I found on CC that required butter and crisco and it is too soft and doesn't taste too good. Should I use a crusting buttercream? Can I maybe add meringue pdr to the one that I've already made? I don't know.......Please help icon_cry.gif !!!!!!

Thanks again,

MissJ

TJCanadian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJCanadian Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 6:42pm
post #10 of 12

In small amounts, the meringue powder or corn starch will stiffen up the recipe without changing the flavor too much. Or just add a little more icing sugar so its a little stiffer frosting and make up a couple of piping bags to alternate with when your hands warm up the icing.

MissJ Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 7:03pm
post #11 of 12

Thanks TJCanadian......that really helps

Have a wonderful weekend!!

MissJ

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 9:18pm
post #12 of 12

Indydebi and SugarShack's icing recipes are really great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%