Fondant In A Chocolate Mold How??

Decorating By pinkbox Updated 10 Oct 2008 , 5:02pm by uschi1

pinkbox Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 1:34pm
post #1 of 9

If anyone would be willing to help I would appreciate it greatly

I have to make 10 figures (hula girls) waist up. I have a mold but it seems no matter what I try it gets stuck or the details dont show..

How do you professionals do it??

TIA

Kim

8 replies
pinkbox Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 3:21pm
post #2 of 9

Does anyone know? please!!

jibbies Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 3:26pm
post #3 of 9

lightly dust your mold with powdered sugar. roll a ball of fondant and push into the mold with your hand/fingers, make sure its filled completely take out and there you have it! If it's not exactly like you want it roll up and try again.

Jibbies

Cookie4 Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 3:35pm
post #4 of 9

HI Kim: Try using Cornstarch in your mold first. Place the cornsarch in a dusting puff (I use a new clean knee high stocking from WalMart). Coat the mold well with the cornstarch and press in your fondant firmly. Don't leave the fondant in too long. Remove and use a dry brush to wipe away the cornstarch.

Remember, powdered sugar attracts moisture and cornstarch doesn't it dries much faster whic may be why you can't remove your pieces without separation and can't see the details. Be sure to press firmly to get all the details to show. Use a sharp pointed instrument to extract the piece from a corner of the mold. Good luck!

justsweet Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 3:40pm
post #5 of 9

Had the same question - powder sugar and corn starch did not work.

the best tip - lightly spray Pam in mold, smack mold on counter and it will fall out let dry. I needed to make 25 shells and it works great. No problems

pinkbox Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 4:11pm
post #6 of 9

Thank you all...

I was at my wits end... I will try it out!

Thanks!!

ZAKIA6 Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 4:26pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsweet

Had the same question - powder sugar and corn starch did not work.

the best tip - lightly spray Pam in mold, smack mold on counter and it will fall out let dry. I needed to make 25 shells and it works great. No problems

i too had no success ith ps and cs. i will try the pam way.

Donnagardner Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 4:27pm
post #8 of 9

I rub my mold with crisco and then put the fondant in and let it dry and it pops right out.

uschi1 Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 5:02pm
post #9 of 9

I too have used PAM to spray the molds. Works like a charm!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%