Ri Piping Getting A Little Dull - Spice It Up!

Decorating By wrightway777 Updated 10 Oct 2008 , 2:32pm by bettinashoe

wrightway777 Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 4:00am
post #1 of 7

I am always on the lookout for new ideas even if the topic doesnt originate as "strictly cakes" and in true fashion...I found this site that teaches henna patterns. Try this link and think of it as piping Royal Icing - each technique is explained with good detail and pictures (click on each one). Its an interesting site. Look around it...I even picked up ideas about mylar cones and ijac bottles that I might try with RI.

http://www.hennapage.com/henna/what/lineart/index.html

6 replies
makeminepink Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 4:15am
post #2 of 7

It's late and I'm too pooped to look at much of it now, but I like it alot! I'm going to bookmark it. Thanks for sharing!

Boofycakes Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 4:16am
post #3 of 7

The patterns they use are beautiful. I've had henna done before. Thanks for sharing, it would make for some beautiful inspiration on a cake.

BlakesCakes Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 4:31am
post #4 of 7

Norm Davis teaches a class on this--lots of fun. He uses mendhi patterns, too.

We piped on a fondant covered cake with a cut paper cone (about a #2 tip) using-----Duncan Hines Chocolate Icing, which crusted & dried very nicely.

Rae
LL

Wildrose6633 Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 4:47am
post #5 of 7

Wow that is just beautiful, I will check oit this site for sure.

Just was there thanks beautiful designs

sweetcakes Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 2:18pm
post #6 of 7

theres even chocolate mendhi kits available on that web site. interesting. bit pricey, but great ideas.

bettinashoe Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 2:32pm
post #7 of 7

Wonderful site, wrightway777. Thanks so much. I would love to learn to do this. BlakesCakes, that cake is beautiful. Oh, I have so much to learn!!! I can't wait.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%