Need Ideas Please!!

Baking By KellJ Updated 12 Oct 2008 , 11:59pm by shanzah67

KellJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellJ Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 3:46am
post #1 of 13

I got a cookie order for someone running in the Chicago marathon this weekend, does anyone have any good ideas? I was thinking of a round or square cookie with a tennis shoe on it and a Good Luck one.

Any other ideas??

12 replies
shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 4:45am
post #2 of 13

Just a quick thought, might not be what you're wanting, but I've seen a running shoe with wings, if you can't get cutter, print off pic and make stencil,use on square or round cookie.
Or,if there is a simple logo for that particular marathon, you could put on a round or square cookie.

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 11:49am
post #3 of 13

I pulled up the logo and it looks a little tricky unless you have the machine to do edible icing. Shiney's idea of a running shoes is perfect! Do you know their number? You could do a cookie that looks like the piece of paper they wear as they run. How about a water bottle cookie? A bandaid cookie? (My husband gets plenty of blisters when he does this.) I like your idea of the 'Good Luck' cookie.

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 12:21pm
post #4 of 13

Here are some cookies I did for our cross country team:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=904593

My daughter just ran the Portland marathon this past Sunday!

TracyLH Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 12:47pm
post #5 of 13

Too funny! Here I am, brainstorming and Yankeegall already had it covered! icon_biggrin.gif (By the way, VERY cute cookies, yankeegal!)

shiney Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 1:03pm
post #6 of 13

Yankeegal, CUTE cookies! icon_biggrin.gif

KellJ, if you don't have cutter, and not comfortable with freehand decor, cut out your image, trace with edible marker on naked cookie, then outline with stiff RI or TG, let it set, then fill in around with different colors. That's what I had to do with my longhorns.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1274165

KellJ Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 2:53pm
post #7 of 13

Thanks everyone for all your ideas!!

Yankeegal, I was on your website last night looking for ideas as I often do. I LOVE your work!!

This is a very last minute order so I don't have time to run to my supply store to get the cutters I need. Just when you think you have every cutter in the world.....So I will be free handing on this bouquet.

Shiney, love the Texas/OU cookies! But have to say GO OU!!!!!!!!!!

TracyLH Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 3:11pm
post #8 of 13

KellJ - I don't know how you do your freehanding, but here is something that might (or might not) help. I trace my designs on to template plastic, found in the quilting section of Joanne's. It is sturdy (and I don't even use the heavier of the two options), washes and stores well for later use. Just thought I'd pass that on in case you could use the info.

KellJ Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 4:25pm
post #9 of 13

Once again Thank You all for all your help. Here is what I came up with...
LL

shiney Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 4:27pm
post #10 of 13

KellJ Those are fabulous! What talent!

KellJ Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 4:28pm
post #11 of 13

Ok something is seriously wrong with that link. You have to click it a second time for the picture to come up...

TracyLH Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 4:33pm
post #12 of 13

Oh, these are great! I love the Chicago skyline and the shoes especially!

shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 11:59pm
post #13 of 13

Great job on your Chicago Marathon Cookies KellJ!

Yankeegal, you had some really cute ideas on your cross country! Very nice!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%