Questions About Imbc

Baking By 2winboyz Updated 10 Oct 2008 , 1:39pm by BakingJeannie

2winboyz Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 2:42am
post #1 of 3

I am working with IMBC for the first time and was wondering if in place of egg whites and wasting the egg yolks, could I just use 100% liquid egg white?

Also, will fondant attach to IMBC like buttercream icing?

Lastly, could I color IMBC the same way as buttercream icing?

Thank you!

2 replies
BakingJeannie Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 1:34pm
post #2 of 3

I use most SMBC and always used pasturized egg whites in the box. It works well with my recipe.

It depends on how heavy the pieces are. Last night I made a small cake covered with SMBC and placed two large bumble bees on top and a bunch of medium daisies. I have daisies on the sides and I have letter cutout on the side too. I just like press them in a little. The cake was in the refrigerator over night; now I have it in my office and the pieces are still on the cake. Nothing's moving. Now I have had gumpaste bows slid of the cake after I airbrush the buttercream icon_rolleyes.gificon_eek.gif

Now with colouring; the buttercream has a slight yellow colour so you may not get true colours because of the yellow undertone. I have heard that candy colours are best to use if you want real vivid colours. Just remember there is the yellow undertone.

Hope this helps.

BakingJeannie Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 1:39pm
post #3 of 3

Ooops! I did not directly answer the colouring question: Yes, you can colour the IMBC in the same way you colour other buttercreams.

The 100% egg whites are perfect, but some brands I heard may give problems. I have tried three brands so far and never had a problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%