Questions About Imbc

Baking By 2winboyz Updated 10 Oct 2008 , 1:39pm by BakingJeannie

2winboyz Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 2:42am
post #1 of 3

I am working with IMBC for the first time and was wondering if in place of egg whites and wasting the egg yolks, could I just use 100% liquid egg white?

Also, will fondant attach to IMBC like buttercream icing?

Lastly, could I color IMBC the same way as buttercream icing?

Thank you!

2 replies
BakingJeannie Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 1:34pm
post #2 of 3

I use most SMBC and always used pasturized egg whites in the box. It works well with my recipe.

It depends on how heavy the pieces are. Last night I made a small cake covered with SMBC and placed two large bumble bees on top and a bunch of medium daisies. I have daisies on the sides and I have letter cutout on the side too. I just like press them in a little. The cake was in the refrigerator over night; now I have it in my office and the pieces are still on the cake. Nothing's moving. Now I have had gumpaste bows slid of the cake after I airbrush the buttercream icon_rolleyes.gificon_eek.gif

Now with colouring; the buttercream has a slight yellow colour so you may not get true colours because of the yellow undertone. I have heard that candy colours are best to use if you want real vivid colours. Just remember there is the yellow undertone.

Hope this helps.

Jeannie

BakingJeannie Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 1:39pm
post #3 of 3

Ooops! I did not directly answer the colouring question: Yes, you can colour the IMBC in the same way you colour other buttercreams.

The 100% egg whites are perfect, but some brands I heard may give problems. I have tried three brands so far and never had a problem.

Cheers!
icon_biggrin.gif
Jeannie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%