What To Send To Sweden??????

Decorating By zoomzone Updated 10 Oct 2008 , 5:31pm by zoomzone

zoomzone Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 2:09am
post #1 of 7

I am in a secret gift exchange with a woman from Sweden. Does anyone know what cooking/baking/food items are hard to come by in Sweden that we have readily available here in the states? icon_confused.gif
TIA

6 replies
chutzpah Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 5:29am
post #2 of 7

Um.... everything?

A couple of sets of US measuring cups are really very much appreciated, so she can follow US recipes.

Baking books, cake decorations, cool sprinkles, cute muffin papers...

When it comes to cake decorating, Sweden is stumbling along about 50 years behind the US and UK. It has made inroads these past 3-4 years, but still.... a fun, custom-decorated cake is definately NOT the norm in little, backward Sweden.

kimberlina25 Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 5:58am
post #3 of 7

what a fun idea! I have no idea what someone in sweden would want, but the previous poster had some great suggestions!

chutzpah Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 6:01am
post #4 of 7

Well, I've lived in Sweden for 17 years.

When I first moved here this country was a culinary desert, but great steps have been taken in the last six-seven years, and many food items that I was used to in the States (and couldn't get my first 8-9 years here!) are now available.

banba Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 10:09am
post #5 of 7

cookie bags, treat bags, cookie sticks, lollipop sticks, molds, pans, americolor, flavourings, cookie cutters, fun cup cake cases, decorating turn tables (don't have to be expensive ones, these are hard to find, I ordered a wilton cheapy one and love it), luster dusts, disco dusts, glitters, off set spatulas.

A nice cake pan filled with some of the above would be a wonderful gift to anyone who likes to bake this side of the pond!

banba Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 10:18am
post #6 of 7

Forgot to mention disposable decorating bags and tips. Tips are cheap to buy and ship and it's impossible to get a good selection of them. These would be a great gift because a couple of icing tips can create hundreds of different cakes and don't forget the couplers! HTH

zoomzone Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 5:31pm
post #7 of 7

wow! Thanks so much for the great ideas! I knew I could count on my CC pals! thumbs_up.gif
I have a week to shop!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%