Americolor? Great Company?

Decorating By doodledo Updated 10 Oct 2008 , 11:18pm by ceshell

doodledo  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doodledo Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 1:46am
post #1 of 8

I would like to place an order for some Americolor food coloring. But I have a few questions first.
Do you prefer gel or powdered? (this is for icing and fondant)
Do you have a company you prefer to order from?

I have checked some companies out and shipping on some is outrageous.

7 replies
 sari66  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 2:20am
post #2 of 8

I've not used the powdered but love the gels, they give nice true colors. I get mine from the local cake store.
Global sugar art carries it don't know the shipping cost.

Eisskween  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 2:37am
post #3 of 8

I haven't used the powders either, but I love the gels. I am in Canada and get mine from the Vanilla Food Company online out of Toronto. They are very resonable. I don't remember what the shipping was but for 4.5 oz of gel Americolor it was $4.95.

Have a great day!

kakemamma  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakemamma Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 2:42am
post #4 of 8

I order mine from Ba's Kitchen Konnection In Indiana, Very reasonable cost and very cheap shipping. PM if you would like their phone number.

sayhellojana  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 2:43am
post #5 of 8

I've ordered supplies from Global Sugar Art. I loved the products, but shipping was, in my opinion, a tad unreasonable for such light items. They deffinantly profited off of shipping costs. (I think it was like $14 or so)

doodledo  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doodledo Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 4:13pm
post #6 of 8

kakemamma, I can not pm you, it isnt set up. Would you please pm me with the information.
Thanks

linda2530  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linda2530 Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 4:52pm
post #7 of 8

I have used the some of the powders. I really like the red, it leaves no taste and you can get a really crisp, clear red.

ceshell  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 11:18pm
post #8 of 8

In the past, when I have needed small quantities of gel color, I have gotten them at www.cakeart.us . Shipping charge was so unbelievably reasonable, I actually sent her an email thanking her for not ripping me off!

oh ps I have noticed that lately, with the server issues, PM does not appear to be working properly. I think if you want to PM someone you have to go into your Private Messages (link at left, in the pink box) and do it manually...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%