Americolor? Great Company?

Decorating By doodledo Updated 10 Oct 2008 , 11:18pm by ceshell

doodledo Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 1:46am
post #1 of 8

I would like to place an order for some Americolor food coloring. But I have a few questions first.
Do you prefer gel or powdered? (this is for icing and fondant)
Do you have a company you prefer to order from?

I have checked some companies out and shipping on some is outrageous.

7 replies
sari66 Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 2:20am
post #2 of 8

I've not used the powdered but love the gels, they give nice true colors. I get mine from the local cake store.
Global sugar art carries it don't know the shipping cost.

Eisskween Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 2:37am
post #3 of 8

I haven't used the powders either, but I love the gels. I am in Canada and get mine from the Vanilla Food Company online out of Toronto. They are very resonable. I don't remember what the shipping was but for 4.5 oz of gel Americolor it was $4.95.

Have a great day!

kakemamma Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 2:42am
post #4 of 8

I order mine from Ba's Kitchen Konnection In Indiana, Very reasonable cost and very cheap shipping. PM if you would like their phone number.

sayhellojana Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 2:43am
post #5 of 8

I've ordered supplies from Global Sugar Art. I loved the products, but shipping was, in my opinion, a tad unreasonable for such light items. They deffinantly profited off of shipping costs. (I think it was like $14 or so)

doodledo Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 4:13pm
post #6 of 8

kakemamma, I can not pm you, it isnt set up. Would you please pm me with the information.
Thanks

linda2530 Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 4:52pm
post #7 of 8

I have used the some of the powders. I really like the red, it leaves no taste and you can get a really crisp, clear red.

ceshell Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 11:18pm
post #8 of 8

In the past, when I have needed small quantities of gel color, I have gotten them at www.cakeart.us . Shipping charge was so unbelievably reasonable, I actually sent her an email thanking her for not ripping me off!

oh ps I have noticed that lately, with the server issues, PM does not appear to be working properly. I think if you want to PM someone you have to go into your Private Messages (link at left, in the pink box) and do it manually...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%