Ganache Under Fondant?

Decorating By mndy204 Updated 12 Oct 2008 , 6:02pm by mndy204

mndy204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mndy204 Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 2:41pm
post #1 of 6

I'm making a chocolatey surprise birthday cake and I'm thinking of making it look like a present with ribbons and a bow. My question is, can I pour ganache over the cake then cover it in fondant? Or should I do something different? I've never covered a cake (only cupcakes) in ganache and I have never covered a cake in fondant either. I was just going to use this as a practice everything I want to practice cake and hope for the best... icon_eek.gif

The other thing I wondered about was covering the cake in ganache then putting the fondant bow and ribbons on as accents. I'm just not sure if they work together well. icon_redface.gif

Thank you in advance for any and all help!!

5 replies
stnkrbll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stnkrbll Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 3:33pm
post #2 of 6

I wonder the same thing! I am doing a square cake this week and i asked a smilar question. I bought the stuff to make the ganache so well see how it turns out. Good Luck on your cake!

Stephanie

stnkrbll Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 3:33pm
post #3 of 6

I wonder the same thing! I am doing a square cake this week and i asked a smilar question. I bought the stuff to make the ganache so well see how it turns out. Good Luck on your cake!

Stephanie

stnkrbll Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 3:34pm
post #4 of 6

Stephanie

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 4:17pm
post #5 of 6

Hi, you need to get the ganache toa spreadable consistancy. Its need to be really smooth. And leave it possibly overnight to dry. Then wet the ganache a bit and put the fondant on.

If you want you can just leave the fondant as it is and put the bow and the accents. It should be ok. icon_smile.gif

mndy204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mndy204 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 6:02pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you so much for your help!! I'll try that out and see how it goes. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%