Cookie Bouquets

Decorating By JMSweets Updated 10 Oct 2008 , 2:22pm by JMSweets

JMSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JMSweets Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 10:13pm
post #1 of 5

I am interested in adding cookie bouquets to our list of products we do but I cant seem to get my cut out cookies to hold their shape and cook all the way through without burning......PLEASE HELP.

Thanks
Jaclyn icon_confused.gif

4 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 10:30pm
post #2 of 5

Have you tried the NFSC (No Fail Sugar Cookie) recipe? How thick are you rolling the cookies?

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 8:31am
post #3 of 5

I work with shortbread as it always holds it's shape.

Also replacing some flour with cornstarch makes a good cookie that should hold its shape.

You can nearly always reduce the butter quantity a little too without any change to the taste of the cookie which should lessen the spreading.

I bake them on very low temps so they keep their shape and colour and they only need to dry out anyway not be baked alive in a hot oven!

For cut out cookie recipes I avoid ones that call for eggs as these always spread on me!

JSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSuzieQ Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 11:24am
post #4 of 5

I use a recipe I got out of Woman's Day last Valentine's Day. The dough is delicious, my family actually likes it a lot better than the NFSC. Also, one thing that I learned is that if the butter is too melted (which I get when I microwave it) the dough seems to spread too much. Another thing that I do is I put them in the fridge for a few minutes after I have cut them and put them on a cookie sheet. I bake mine at 350 for 8-11 minutes, depending on the size.

JMSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JMSweets Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 2:22pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you to everyone. I will try this out for my expo and see how these work. The ones I did last night i did use less butter, didnt soften and add lots more flour.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%