I Need Some Gudance, Please!

Decorating By marisanovy Updated 8 Oct 2008 , 11:44pm by marisanovy

marisanovy Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 9:32pm
post #1 of 6

I really need some light on this.

I'm not a professional, but my friend wants me to make a cake for her daughter's birthday next week. She wants a princess cake. It'll be vanilla cake, with cream cheese frosting, a small round 2 layers, 8" serving aprox. 20 people.

The decorations will be simple little flowers in fondant with a "drawing" of a castle in the middle also in fondant. I think that's the best description I can give... hehe icon_redface.gif

How much would you guys charge? TIA

5 replies
Sugarflowers Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 6

How about $30 -$35? What is your normal price per serving? You could go by this and add a little for the fondant work.

HTH

Michele

marisanovy Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 9:58pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks Michele!

My problem is that I really never made a professional cake to sell, until now. All I have made were my kids and husband birthday cakes.

The other cakes, I made kind of for advertisement and practice, not really charging anyone.

sayhellojana Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 10:13pm
post #4 of 6

I think $35 is fair for a little girl's birthday cake. I would pay that. If that covers all of your supplies and you feel properly compensated for your time, charge that.

kakeladi Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 10:15pm
post #5 of 6

I agree around $30-35. If it were b'cream I'd say maybe $25-30.

marisanovy Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 11:44pm
post #6 of 6

Yes, it will be butter cream, because I haven't mastered covering a cake with fondant yet. But I can make little fondant details with no problems! icon_smile.gif

I do feel confortable charging $25. She is a good friend of mine, and as anyone here, she is also tighting things up a little because of this crisis. AAAHHH!

Thank you everyone! I really appreciate the scoop.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%