Dusting Sugarveil Stencil Work

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 10 Oct 2008 , 10:31pm by loriemoms

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 6:52pm
post #1 of 9

I am doing a stenciled cake this week, and they want a little touches of silver here and there (not the entire stencil covered) I always do my stencils in sugarveil (I love how it adheres) and was wonderig if I could lightly dust it or should I use royal icing instead? (I am going to add a few silver dragees here and there as well)
Would the dust stick to it nicely? I just have never dusted Sugarveil before! I dont want it to be too dark...

8 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 9:49pm
post #2 of 9

Hee hee...I have nothing to offer to you as far as an answer goes, but wanted to tell you that I am waiting for my Sugarveil starter kit right now. Should be here this afternoon! Do you mind if I PM with questions about it when I get started? Anything out of the ordinary that you have come across that don't jive with the instructions, or shortcuts that you have found? icon_biggrin.gif

loriemoms Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 10:28pm
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie85364

Hee hee...I have nothing to offer to you as far as an answer goes, but wanted to tell you that I am waiting for my Sugarveil starter kit right now. Should be here this afternoon! Do you mind if I PM with questions about it when I get started? Anything out of the ordinary that you have come across that don't jive with the instructions, or shortcuts that you have found? icon_biggrin.gif

Sure! I do have one hint..follow the how to make the sugarveil EXACTLY.

You are going to love it....especaily if you do a lot of stencil or want to copy scroll work on invitations and such...and monograms!!!

VS8894 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VS8894 Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 12:36am
post #4 of 9

I am new at all this, but was wanted to do stenciling on my daughter's wedding cake next June. What is the sugarveil? Could you post the websites possibly? I'm very interested.

Thanks,
Vicki

__Jamie__ Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 10:48pm
post #5 of 9

www.sugarveil.com

My starter kit should be waiting for me at home today!

__Jamie__ Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 11:01pm
post #6 of 9

BTW loriemoms....which of your cakes have the sugarveil decorations? i see a LOT of cakes in your profile...lol!

loriemoms Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 1:28pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:

BTW loriemoms....which of your cakes have the sugarveil decorations? i see a LOT of cakes in your profile...lol!

There is a blue one with decorations around the bottom and a white one with ivory roses and a couple of more. Will have to take a look and see..

Here is the one I finished last night with the dusted sugarveil.

I beleive icingimages also sells it and it might be cheaper..
LL

__Jamie__ Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 7:27pm
post #8 of 9

Well that is just gorgeous! I can't wait to try mine out. I have downloaded some really neat, intricate patterns that should duplicate well with this stuff....probably impossible to pipe directly on to the cake!

loriemoms Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 10:31pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:

Well that is just gorgeous! I can't wait to try mine out. I have downloaded some really neat, intricate patterns that should duplicate well with this stuff....probably impossible to pipe directly on to the cake!

Not only that, but you can make netting and other neat things to throw on a cake that give it a different look. But I mainly use it for when a bride will bring me her invitation with a scroll design on it and I will reproduce it on the side of the cake. And for stencils. No cracking of royal icing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%