Help Price This...

Decorating By SILVERCAT Updated 13 Oct 2008 , 1:10am by SILVERCAT

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 8

I did this cake a few weeks ago and already have a request for another 3D cake. It took me about a four days to make all the decorations for the cake. I baked two 12x15 cakes, and made a huge load of BC icing for it, as I didnt want to run out. I bought the wooden circles, for wheels. I also purchased the candles to add to the theme. It took me and my husband two hours of cutting and piecing the cake together. Some of the decorations are royal icing and the extension ladder is gumpaste. So I was wondering what would you have charged for this cake...
http://picasaweb.google.com/silvercat76/SilvercatSCakes#5251641955311293202

7 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 1:37am
post #2 of 8

Wow! Your fire truck is awesome! I can't help with pricing...but I would say that you deserve quite a bit for such a cake!

SILVERCAT Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 10:58am
post #3 of 8

No one an help me out with a price?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 12:05pm
post #4 of 8

I think sculptures should start at $5 a serving. Your cake is well worth every penny of that at least and your workmanship is absolutely glorious.

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 3:21pm
post #5 of 8

That is AMAZING! Yet another person to inspire us!

We agree with k8. You should start at at least $5 per serving. Use the Wilton Yearbook to help you figure out the number of servings and price it from there.

Good luck!

Paul & Peter

MolliHeartsDecoratingCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MolliHeartsDecoratingCake Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 5:44pm
post #6 of 8

$5 per serving is very fair. Your work is AWESOME!!

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 9:34pm
post #7 of 8

It is a gorgeous cake! I would also agree that at least $5 per serving is fair. Good Luck! princess.gif

SILVERCAT Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 1:10am
post #8 of 8

Thank you everyone. I have to give credit to TheCakeWizard as I bought her detail plan for this cake. I did make some changes to it but not much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%