Groom's Cake--Venting And Long

Decorating By Mac Updated 9 Oct 2008 , 3:22am by Mac

Mac Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 1:59pm
post #1 of 5

Oh my, yes, this is a vent...got to get it out or I will explode.
I work with a chef here in town and we do several weddings together. Well, since the middle of the summer, he has told me about a wedding in October or November--he would have to check with the bride.

I get back from vacation in August and he hands me photos of a guitar. Tells me that's for so-and-so's wedding. ??? whose? "The one in October I told you about." Every week I have asked about this "October" wedding and at the end of September, find that it is November 1st.

Told chef that client needs to call me about particulars..."I'll call her and give her your number". He comes back with she wants the frosting white instead of black and to serve 100 guests. "Ummmm, SHE needs to call ME." This chef has ordered stuff from me for his clients before and on more than one occasion, it has been the wrong color, the wrong count, he's forgotten to order (PACOMA disease) and expects me to whip up something.

Talk with chef yesterday and informed him that bride does not have a groom's cake coming as I have not heard from her--no deposit! no cake! "Oh, I gave her your number and told you that she wanted it for 50 guests." "Chef, the cake has to be paid in FULL no later than October 18th. I haven't heard from her so she really isn't a customer of mine. I hope YOU can make a guitar cake (I know he can't) because as of right now, I have NOTHING on my books."

My policy with this chef since the end of August is if YOUR clients want something from me, they need to contact me. That will keep the mistakes down. In reality, I think he is telling his clients that he makes the cookies, cakes (he is a pastry chef but not a decorator) or one of his employees does...I think that is why none of his clients call me directly.

Sorry so long.

4 replies
dinas27 Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 2:07pm
post #2 of 5

infuriating! Stick to your guns, you've got it figured out.

kakeladi Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 2:53pm
post #3 of 5

Yah, sounds to me he is trying to take all the glory and not help you out at all. How frustrating.
I agree -- no money, no contract, no cake.

chutzpah Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 5

wanker.

Mac Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 3:22am
post #5 of 5

chutzpah--
That pretty much sums it up in one word.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%