Pan Recommendations

Decorating By LisaI Updated 8 Oct 2008 , 1:25pm by LisaI

LisaI Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 12:49pm
post #1 of 5

I hope this the the right forum, it didn't seem to fit any others well.

I need to get some square pans, and I want the type with nice, straight sides and sharp corners.
I see there are many brands, and being new to this, don't know anything about good ones. What would you recommend and why, please? icon_smile.gif

Also, if you have any advice on what to look for that indicates a quality pan in general that would be great. Ones that last, heat evenly, have convienient features... anything like that. thumbs_up.gif

Thanks,
Lisa

4 replies
indydebi Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 12:52pm
post #2 of 5

I love Magic Line. whatever you do, don't buy the wilton ones.

LisaI Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 1:11pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks Debi, could you give me a short reason the Wilton's aren't good? Any reason specifically you like the Magic Line?

indydebi Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 1:19pm
post #4 of 5

The wilton pans have a flare to the edges ... they are not perfectly straight up and down. They feel like a lighter-weight pan. In my non-scientific, non-expert opinion, I feel the heavier Magic Line pans give better heat conductor-ism (ok, it's not a word, but it works for me! icon_rolleyes.gif ) for more even baking.

The only bad think I can say about Magic Line is it's a pain to clean inside those corners!

LisaI Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 1:25pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks Debi, that's a great help! And I like your word? icon_biggrin.gif

I had figured that any of the pans with the nice square corners would be difficult to clean there. icon_rolleyes.gif Thanks for confirming LOL.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%