Why Is My White Chocolate Clay So Gooey?

Sugar Work By jobueno Updated 13 Oct 2008 , 12:10pm by giraffe11

jobueno Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jobueno Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 12:20pm
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone I was wondering if someone had the answer to this question. I have made chocolate clay before. The dark chocolate is very workable and setsup nicely, but I hae not had success with white chocolate clay. It doesn't matter how long I leave it in the fridge when I start working it, it turns to mush in my hands. Do I need to mix it in with something else (fondant maybe)? Or can I tweak the amount of corn syrup? any insight would be very helpful.

Thank you.

3 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 3:46pm
post #2 of 4

You've accidentally got a double post... On the other post, I suggested that you can add some fondant to your white modeling choc if yours is too soft. It's common for the white modeling choc to not be quite as firm as what's made from the regular chocolate.

HTH,
Deanna

jobueno Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jobueno Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 11:30am
post #3 of 4

Ok, I guess I'll try that. Many thanks!

giraffe11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giraffe11 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 12:10pm
post #4 of 4

For the white candy melts, you need to add less corn syrup. The recipe I use is 12 oz dark chocolate melts to 1/3 c of corn syrup. For white chocolate (or the dyed colors) I increase the candy melts to 14 oz for 1/3c corn syrup. I got these recipes from someone on CC.....can't remember who.....but it works great.
I never have fondant around, cause I can't stand the stuff. icon_razz.gif
Heather

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%