Blood Flow - How Do I

Decorating By Verina Updated 9 Oct 2008 , 11:43pm by 7yyrt

Verina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Verina Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 6:13am
post #1 of 6

I will be doing the "eyeball in claw" cake for a birthday party on 17 October. The customer requested that when they cut the cake they would like to see it "bleed". I thought of adding strawberry sauce as a filling. Would that be enough? I will use the soccer ball pan so the cake is medium size but just a filling of strawberry sauce seems to be too little "blood"? Then I thought of making a chocolate shell (like an easter egg) and filling that with sauce and placing that in the middel of the cake when assembling the two halves. What would you suggest?? Has anyone done this before and what worked for you?

Thanks
LL

5 replies
PatrysV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatrysV Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 8:14am
post #2 of 6

Hi!

Lekker om Afrikaans te sien!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

I think your idea of a "Easteregg" filled with sauce sounds good!...Sounds quite gory!!

I made a fear factor cake where theeyeballs lies in blackpot ful of "blood". I used thinned Royal Icing, coloured red, for the blood. I pours niceley, but hardens a bit, so it won't work inside the cake....unless you maybe poke holes in the cake(like veins) and then fill them with this?
LL

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 4:37pm
post #3 of 6

Here's the page with the directions for a blood-spurting cake. -
http://www.theyrecoming.com/extras/zombiefest/index3.php
WARNING!!! Anyone not wanting to see blood-spurting zombie cakes, etc. DO NOT CLICK on the link!

Verina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Verina Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 12:56pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks you guys. The "pump system" looks a bit difficult to me but I will try about anything ...

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 2:20pm
post #5 of 6

AWESOME!! I wish I had an occasion to make that! I doubt any of my family would even touch it tho, they are all chicken.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 11:43pm
post #6 of 6

Did some more hunting, and found a frosting-lined cavity, filled with either raspberry sauce or pureed cherry pie filling.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%