Prayer Requests

Lounge By ccr03 Updated 15 Oct 2008 , 3:40pm by Meemawfish

ccr03 Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 4:21am
post #1 of 6

I had an idea.....

Let's start a prayer request. Follow along here, copy and paste the requests and email it to your friends, but the point is to support each and pray for each other. YOu don't have to go into detail, if you don't want to, but do try your best to pray for everyone's requests. Remember, the more people that pray for something, the more power it has.

Please join me in praying for my family. Ask God to guide us through this time, to give us strength and to give us all TRUE happiness.

5 replies
Sugarflowers Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 4:38am
post #2 of 6

This is a very nice idea. My prayers go out for you and your family.

Michele

ccr03 Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 2:20pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you Michele - that means alot!

JSuzieQ Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 5:16pm
post #4 of 6

Great idea on starting a prayer request forum! I am a prayer warrior and totally believe in the power of prayer. God healed me at the time that I was betraying Him! PRAISE HIM!

Also, 'sugarflowers'... I just saw that you are from McKinney, TX. I lived there up until 1990. I went to school through 10th grade there. How old are you and did you go to HS there? Maybe we know each other! icon_wink.gif

ShortcakesSweets Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 4:45am
post #5 of 6

Wonderful idea. Thanks for starting this thread. I also believe in the awesome power of prayer and will be remembering these requests when possible.
It's ironic that you mention that your family needs to find true happiness. My pastor spoke on this exact topic this past Wednesday at our mid-week Bible study. Here is just one sentence I wrote in my notes from that study: "The pursuit of Holiness brings more true happiness than the pursuit of happiness alone."

I also have a prayer request to add. My family is going through a difficult financial hardship at this time. We are doing financial/debt counseling with our pastor. He is helping us apply/qualify for a program he has found that will eliminate our entire debt in about 8 years as opposed to 50+ years on our current income. We have several items we need to sell in order to jump-start the program and help us get ahead. We feel so defeated at every turn and need prayer that these items sell quickly and for a good amount. I just feel so discouraged and exhausted by our current financial situation. Thank everyone for your prayers.

Meemawfish Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 3:40pm
post #6 of 6

This is a very good idea. I would also like to add my BIL who is in the ICU right now fighting for his life after a masssive heart attack. Could you all please pray for him. Thank you. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%