Nfsc And Mmf Newbie Ques?

Baking By twinkletoe21 Updated 7 Oct 2008 , 11:25pm by Bossy

twinkletoe21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinkletoe21 Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 10:57pm
post #1 of 4

hi everyone..

I was just wondering how you cover sugar cookie with MMF? what do you use to make it stick? also,I was planning on packing the cookies in plastic candy wraps individually but im worried the MMF will get soft and turn messy, how should i do this? i really really NEEDDDDD HELLP!! =(
TIA!

elle

3 replies
misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 11:16pm
post #2 of 4

just put the MMF right after the cookie is out of the oven or you can stick it with vanilla.

mommy_of_3_DDs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 11:16pm
post #3 of 4

Hi I use the same cutter for the NFSC and the MMF. When the cookies are cool I brush them with a little vanilla/water just to dampen them and then immediately place the precut MMF right on top and smooth with my fingers. Then I decorate with icing etc. I have placed my cookies in sealed bags with no problem of the MMF getting too soft!
NFSC + MMF are the easiest and yummiest cookies ever!

Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 11:25pm
post #4 of 4

You'll love these cookies! I bake large batches to freeze. Then when I'm ready to decorate, I brush the cookies with a mix of half water/half clear corn syrup. I also use the same cutter as the cookie was made with like mommy_of_ 3 above! If you look in my pics, the butterfly cookies are my first ever cookies with fondant, very easy and fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%