Need Help On Smbc Recipe

Baking By famousamous Updated 8 Oct 2008 , 3:20am by famousamous

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 8:16pm
post #1 of 7

I wanted to make SMBC using powdered egg whites, I cant figure out how exactly I supposed to do it. Do I add the sugar and whip it up when I whip the egg white powder? Do I add it after Ive already whipped the whites? Will it fully dissolve or will there be granuals left in the icing?

A recipe with measurements would be wonderful! I cant find one using powdered egg whites anywhere...

Thank you! icon_redface.gif

6 replies
staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 8:30pm
post #2 of 7

try reading this thread, i am quite sure if mentioned substituting egg whites with the powdered variety

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-595799-.html

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 7

Yeah Ive read thoes threads but no one mentions amounts and what not, just that yes it can be done.
Thank you!

bevyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bevyd Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 9:10pm
post #5 of 7

Hi I am sorry to answer your question with another question, and it may not help but doesn't your can of egg whites have directions on the amount of liquid and powder you need to make one egg white? I have made SMBC a couple of times and I used regular egg whites.I don't think it would mess it up if you used the powder stuff.HTH

bevyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bevyd Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 9:16pm
post #6 of 7

Dang it I forgot this part. I would make the egg whites first according to directions on the can and then go to the next step in the recipe. I really HTH.

famousamous Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 3:20am
post #7 of 7

So add the granulated sugar after Ive whipped up the egg white powder? Will it dissolve?

Yeah I have the directions from the can. You have helped thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%