Anyone Near Jamestown, Lake Cumberland, Ky?

Lounge By kakeladi Updated 15 Oct 2008 , 3:04am by kakeladi

kakeladi Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 6:11pm
post #1 of 4

I am moving to that area.....leaving in a couple of days. Just want to see if anyone is around there that maybe we could get together.
I will only be living there for 2-4 months.....late Oct until ?

3 replies
lildeby Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 2:27pm
post #2 of 4

I am from Somerset,ky. It is about 28 miles to Jamestown from here. If you are traveling in your rv there are a few places that are "must sees" in southern ky. 1- cumberland falls- it is beautiful! I have been going there scince I was a small child.The best part of cumberland falls is the moonbow. This is the only place in the united states that you can see a moonbow and it is amazing! For more info on the times it is visible goole moonbow or cumberland falls. The other is mamoth caves. I have not been there however I have been told that it is an awe inspiring place! I hope to go visit it soon. I hope you enjoy your stay in s. ky. it will be getting very cold about the time you leave! It is already starting to get cooler here.

TheCakerator Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 7:16pm
post #3 of 4

I'm from MI and this past April when dh and I were going to TN we stopped in KY just so we could catch a glimpse of the moonbow. Of course it was raining that night and we had no idea where to find these so called falls in the dark so we went and saw them the next day .. they were neat to see and the little gift shop stores were cute too ...

kakeladi Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 3:04am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the info. We will arrive around Oct 20. Will look this up when we have time off & go see this. Right now I am in NM....have lots of driving yeticon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%