Need A Chocolate Cake Recipe That's Light And Moist.

Decorating By PoodleDoodle Updated 13 Oct 2008 , 9:53pm by hippiecac

PoodleDoodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PoodleDoodle Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 12:31pm
post #1 of 10

The chocolate cake recipe I normally use is pretty dense. My friend wants a cake that is light and moist.

I've made the chocolate peanut butter cake recipe from the SoftaSilk cake flour box but it's a little dry.

Thanks

9 replies
stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 2:00am
post #2 of 10

check out the hershey's cocoa container. on the back there is a recipe for chocolate cake and it is soooo good. Only change is to replace the water for an equal amount of coffee. Makes a world of difference. it's the only chocolate cake I make now.

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 10:33pm
post #3 of 10

The coffee addition makes it the Black Magic Chocolate cake. You can find it on the Hersey's site. It is my favorite also. The Perfectly chocolate frosting recipe on the Hersey's container is also excellent.

MolliHeartsDecoratingCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MolliHeartsDecoratingCake Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 5:12pm
post #4 of 10

the Black Magic Chocolate Cake is SO much better than a normal plain chocolate cake.

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 5:29pm
post #5 of 10

I really like this recipe from food network. I make it often. The only change I make is adding 3/4 tsp of coconut extract. It just helps pull out the chocolate flavor.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/40-a-day/chocolate-fudge-cake-with-vanilla-buttercream-frosting-and-chocolate-ganache-glaze-recipe/index.html

I've never made the frosting or ganache from this recipe, but the cake is excellent. I swear by this recipe

mjnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjnj Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 5:33pm
post #6 of 10

Try a chocolate chiffon cake.

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 6:04pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhellojana

I really like this recipe from food network. I make it often. The only change I make is adding 3/4 tsp of coconut extract. It just helps pull out the chocolate flavor.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/40-a-day/chocolate-fudge-cake-with-vanilla-buttercream-frosting-and-chocolate-ganache-glaze-recipe/index.html

I've never made the frosting or ganache from this recipe, but the cake is excellent. I swear by this recipe

The recipe says to bake 15 minutes? icon_confused.gif Did I miss something?

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 6:10pm
post #8 of 10

Hahaha that recipe also says it serves six. Three 10" lyers? Näähh
I don't think so.

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 3:47am
post #9 of 10

sorry, should have mentioned that. I bake mine for about 30 mins. And it serves way more than 6. Delicious though.

hippiecac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hippiecac Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 9:53pm
post #10 of 10

The Whimsical Bakehouse chocolate butter cake is insanely fluffy and delicious. I was skeptical at first because it called for cocoa instead of melted chocolate, but was really happy with the results.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%