Ribbon On Cake

Decorating By kakbarker Updated 7 Oct 2008 , 10:45pm by kakbarker

kakbarker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakbarker Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 3:20am
post #1 of 4

What do I use to attach ribbon to the bottom of a buttercream cake? Does it get greasy looking?

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 3:35am
post #2 of 4

I use a blop of BC to glue the 2 ends together in the back. It's in the back and no one will see it. (note: watch out for those venues that position the cake in the center of the dance floor!)

Polyester ribbon will really show the grease spot. Polyeurothane (that may be the wrong word, but it's close) is my preference .... I get it at walmart in the cake decorating aisle. satin also tends to show the grease spots.

in general, if you apply the ribbon after the icing has crusted .... a.k.a. 'dried' .... then the only spot you may have will be the one in the back.

I tried a CC suggestion and it works just like everyone says it does. I had one cake that for whatever reason, I had to apply the ribbon while the icing was still somewhat "wet" ..... I couldn't let it sit and air dry/crust overnight like I usually do. Anyway .... I grabbed some crisco and ran my crisco-coated fingers down the entire length of the ribbon. This grease-stained the entire ribbon so it was all the same color. Worked great!! thumbs_up.gif

mamabrat13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamabrat13 Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 7:24am
post #3 of 4

What a great idea! I will have to try that!

kakbarker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakbarker Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 10:45pm
post #4 of 4

thank you very much! I will try that!
Kristi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%