Help Basket Ball And Skateboard

Decorating By yvy_cano Updated 7 Oct 2008 , 8:43pm by yvy_cano

yvy_cano Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 12:48am
post #1 of 3

This is my 1st paid cake, its for ten people and not paying much but since its my 1st cake, I want to impress because she has another cake order pending for next week. This cake is for her son, she asked for a basket ball and skateboard cake. How can I incorporate that in one cake? I asked if she wanted a sport cake, she said no just basketball and skateboard. I originally had something like this in mind (by Karmic cake) but then she added the skateboard. Any ideas PLEASE????
LL

2 replies
bettinashoe Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 1:06am
post #2 of 3

That's a tough one. If it were me, I would probably try to make the skateboard as the base from a sheet cake and sit the basketball to one side on the skateboard. Or you could have the skateboard angled up and coming out of a sheet cake and underneath the basketball. That probably doesn't make sense, does it? The ball sitting on the base cake with just the top portion of the skateboard (like someone has flipped the skateboard up at an angle) coming out from under one side of the ball.

I've never done a skateboard cake so I'm not sure how easy it would be but I can picture it in my mind!!! Good luck on that one.

yvy_cano Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 8:43pm
post #3 of 3

It is a tough one! She is only paying $60.00 for ten people thats why I thought that cake I orginially posted would be perfect but now the darn skate board tossed my original idea to the curb. I love your idea but it seems like a lot of work (and cake) for $60.00 (ten people).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%