Freezing Nfscs

Baking By kutabby Updated 7 Oct 2008 , 12:28pm by Newatdecorating

kutabby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kutabby Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 10:53pm
post #1 of 5

I have a large order coming up (500 cookies!!!!) and I'm trying to work ahead. My plan is to cut out the cookies and freeze them, then bake all day - or 2 days icon_smile.gif Then decorate over 3-4 days. I have some large containers I can put them in for the freezer and was going to put waxed paper in between layers.
Or, should I bake as I go?
I saw a freezer paper while I was at the store yesterday and wasn't sure if that would be better than waxed paper.
Any advice is appreciated!!!!!
Tabby

4 replies
SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 11:03pm
post #2 of 5

I posted about this the other day and got some great advice. I was told you can bake them and freeze them, you can also decorate them and freeze them as well. Just put was paper in between your layers. Seal the box and put in the freezer. Take out when needed the night before.

Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 11:36pm
post #3 of 5

Just finished 200 butterfly cookies. I baked and froze batches of cookies undercorated. Then decorated with fondant and dust, let them sit out for a couple of hours to let the fondant firm up. Next I stacked them with wax paper between the layers, put in tupperware, covered on the inside with press and seal wrap and them burped the lid on the tupperware. Froze them for 2 weeks. They came out perfect..I placed them on the serving trays still frozen at the event. They were thawed and ready to eat by the time the guests arrived. All this great advice came from fellow CC'r LineDancer!

kutabby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kutabby Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 1:38am
post #4 of 5

So I can decorate w/ Antonia74's RI and freeze them???? And just thaw on the countertop the night before??? The RI won't crack?

Newatdecorating Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newatdecorating Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 12:28pm
post #5 of 5

I bake and freezer undecorated cookies all the time. I don't even put any paper between them. Just stack them up, wrap them up good and put in a freezer bag. I take them out the morning that I will be decorating.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%