Bidding For A Cake Job, Please Help Me!

Business By jessicacourtney1 Updated 7 Oct 2008 , 12:26am by FromScratch

jessicacourtney1 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 10:23pm
post #1 of 7

I got an offer to put in a bid for a BIG cake job and I have no clue how to draw up the proposal, I have never had to do this and this job could lead to me having an ongoing contract w/ the Army FRG here on post can anyone help me PLEASE I have to have it done ASAP so any info would be great, TIA

6 replies
jessicacourtney1 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 10:32pm
post #2 of 7

im bumping myself, lol

FromScratch Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 10:45pm
post #3 of 7

What exactly are you looking for? Are you trying to type up a quote?

CakeForte Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 10:46pm
post #4 of 7

google search "RFP" or "request for proposal". Those are written in a certain way so its best to follow those guidelines, or ask them if they have a specific format/ template.

It might ask for your all of your official info too: Health inspection info, biz name and tax number, insurance, etc. It just depends on what they want to see in order to do business with you.

FeGe_Cakes Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 10:54pm
post #5 of 7

Do a search for "writing a proposal for a job bid" on the internet. There was some interesting things that came up.

HTH!

jessicacourtney1 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 11:06pm
post #6 of 7

Thank you! yes im just trying to type up a quote, I looked up templates and everything ended being software I could buy, so I wasnt sure if anyone had any advice

FromScratch Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 12:26am
post #7 of 7

Do they have a format that they use? If not then just write up what you are offering.

How big of a cake are you making? How many servings would probably be a better question to ask. What is your price per serving? What is the design of the cake you are quoting?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%