How Do You Charge For Non-Decorated Baked Goods?

Decorating By dandelion56602 Updated 7 Oct 2008 , 1:27pm by dandelion56602

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 9:51pm
post #1 of 7

Now that fall is upon us, it's the time for all kinds of yummy goodies. I'm wondering how you guys charge for non-decorated goods.

Examples

Pies
Quick Breads
Pumpkin/Chocolate Roulades/Rolls
Drop Cookies
Cookie Bars

I know there are more examples, but just a couple to get some ideas.

6 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 7

The only thing on that list that I sell are the drop cookies. My website lists the price for those as $6/dozen.

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 7

For breads, we're thinking about $1.25 a slice. At 8 slices to a loaf, we're thinking of charging $8 per loaf (which equals $1/serving).

dandelion56602 Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 2:16am
post #4 of 7

Indydebi, do you mind me asking the size of your cookies? Are they 2", 3" or a different size? Sorry if I'm nosy. Your cookies look good btw, I like the sound of your "non-traditional" chocolate chip

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 2:19am
post #5 of 7

I get $15/doz for cookies, but each cookie is made with 3T of dough.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 2:30am
post #6 of 7

I use a #24 scoop for all cookies. They bake out to about 3", give or take. The lemon cookies and chocolate cookies bake out to about 3.5" to 4" (we can only put 24 on a baking sheet because of the spread of these). Orange-cranberry and jello cookies bake out to about 3" (we can put 35 on a baking sheet because they tend to stay smaller).

A #24 is smaller than a standard ice cream scoop but larger than the pampered chef scoops. the only place I can find a scoop this size is at a Kitchen Supply Store in an outlet mall about 45 minutes south of me, or at restaurant supply stores.

dandelion56602 Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 1:27pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks. I've been looking for a 3T scoop & can't find one (don't know what # that is. I have a 1 T & a 1/4 c scoop. I usually do a heaping 2 T (which is probably 2 1/2 T of dough) & I also like the size of my 3 T cookies for most of my recipes. I'll go by the wholesale place in town. They have a few kitchen items. Maybe I'll have some luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%