Anyone Know Where To Get Gumpaste Flower Cascade All Made?

Decorating By KHalstead Updated 7 Oct 2008 , 8:24pm by CakeMakar

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 10

Do any of you fabulous guys and gals know where I can buy a cascade of flowers (gumpaste preferrably, but maybe would settle for silk) already put together so I could literally unbox it and lay it on the cake?? I have a customer who's aunt is picking out her entire cake (as a surprise and gift to the bride and groom) and she wants cascading flowers, but I'm over an hr. away from the venue and there's no way I'd have time to wrap all the flower stems and such to make a cascade once I get there to set up....she'd like to have gumpaste flowers vs. real or silk. I've found sprays of them, but haven't found even ONE cascade already made maybe I'm not searching with the right terms?? I've searched for gumpaste flower cascade gumpaste flower garland, I can't think of anything else to search. HELP PLEASE!!! The wedding is on Oct.18!!

9 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 9:37pm
post #2 of 10

Try caljavaonline.com or petalcrafts.com

There are also many ebay sellers who have these. Search gum paste flowers

HTH
Rae

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 11:28pm
post #3 of 10

Another possiblility is Wholesale Sugar flowers.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 11:34pm
post #4 of 10

I agree with both postings....also decopac has "kits" as well..

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 11:36pm
post #5 of 10

Oooh ooh, there is a member on here with amazing flowers...let me see if I can find it. I know I saved it in my favs!

CakeMakar Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 11:44pm
post #6 of 10

Found it: User's name is flowerguy
Website is sugarflorals.com.

HTH!

KHalstead Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 7:33pm
post #7 of 10

thanks I'll take a look.........didn't see any on caljava or petalcrafts

KHalstead Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 7:38pm
post #8 of 10

flowerguy seems to be the one i'm looking for, seems like he'd do any arrangement you want, but he needs at least 2 weeks notice!! Yikes, I don't have that long.......the wedding is in a week and a half!!!! I need to find a place that has premade that I can just buy a box of them. the flowers are stargazer lillies and "cream orchids" apparently they have a red center?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 7:53pm
post #9 of 10

You can get 4" - 6" cascades from both Wholesalesugarflowers.com and Avalondeco.com. I know that David at Avalon can ship to you in time. Tell him I said "hi!" He's a small 1 man operation that imports gumpaste flowers. I do like to shop with smaller businesses (like mine) whenever I can. You might have to use a couple of the cascades to cover the cake. They might also be listed as corsages.

CakeMakar Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 8:24pm
post #10 of 10

Sorry it didn't work for you. Do you have a cake shop near you? Both mine sell premade flowers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%