Any One Willing To Share Their Spider Man Cakes?

Decorating By idali Updated 8 Oct 2008 , 6:49pm by TrinaH

idali Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 7:19pm
post #1 of 6

I have an order for one this coming Saturday and I'm drawing a blank. I tried doing a search but nothing came up. Any ideas you have are appreciated!

Thank you,
IC icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
KHalstead Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 7:59pm
post #2 of 6

how involved are you wanting to get?? what size cake do they need??

barbaranoel Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 11:37pm
post #3 of 6

I did the spiderman bust. It was actually very easy.

http://frostingfun.blogspot.com

This is the website that doug directed me to.

Barb

my3boys Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 12:13am
post #4 of 6

I did a quick spidey cake for my 4 year old's bday last year. It's not a good example (my only customers are my children) which is why I didn't post it to the galleries but you might be able to use it as a springboard to your own idea. My son wanted a 'tower cake' (tiered) and a spidey cake so I did a tiered cake and draped webs down it and did some black and red spider details and topped it w/ a spidey candle. OH - and Wilton has a color set for "spiderman colors" so you can get the right blues, red and black easily (if there's time). Good luck!

Annie
LL

cakemommync Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 3:50am
post #5 of 6

I did a spidey cake a couple of weeks ago. I'm on a different computer than my pic is at but I have uploaded it here at CC. I copied it from a couple of other great artists here. The cake was really big though as it didn't look right any smaller because of the size of the spidey plaque. Everyone thought it was cool. The spidey was a candy plaque overpiped with choc melts and the rest was buttercream.

TrinaH Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 6:49pm
post #6 of 6

I just searched the galleries this last weekend because I'm also making a Spidey cake this weekend. There are 26 pages of Spiderman cakes icon_smile.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=Spiderman

If that link doesn't work just type Spiderman (one word) into the search box

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%