How To Get Orders!

Baking By toleshed Updated 7 Oct 2008 , 12:16pm by Newatdecorating

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 8

Ok - I've just finished this bouquet.

www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-1273052.html

Now how do I go about getting some orders from it?

7 replies
yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 7:12pm
post #2 of 8

Very cute bouquet.
Do you have any school's halloween parties coming up? How about a place of business that might use it as a display? Church fair, maybe?

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 10:01pm
post #3 of 8

Take some to your local school and leave them in the office? Post office, church, I cant think of anyplace else. Good Luck.

Kahuna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahuna Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 10:18pm
post #4 of 8

I have found that the craft fairs don't produce very much eventhough people seem so interested at the time. The best thing I have done was to give a cake to a local real estate office (they love to eat!) Have gotten so many orders from them. Also keep in mind, it really takes a while to build up clientel. My Mom's nail lady said even with a store front it took her about 3 years to build a good base. Just my personal experience, and I'm not anywhere near the same league as other cc'ers.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 10:23pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERCAT

Take some to your local school and leave them in the office? Post office, church, I cant think of anyplace else. Good Luck.

Based upon their beliefs the church may not be the place for a Halloween bouquet!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 11:46am
post #6 of 8

Try a hospital or nursing home. Women will be the ones doing the ordering, so you have to go where they are! And your bouquet will be greatly appreciated at either place.

CrazyCakes13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrazyCakes13 Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 12:06pm
post #7 of 8

I agree with Kahuna, real estate offices and other businesses, esp. if you ship. Halloween may not yield a lot of orders but if you give away Halloween cookies, you may get Christmas orders. Especially if you ship!

Newatdecorating Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newatdecorating Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 12:16pm
post #8 of 8

I know it is getting closer to time, but another thing you may consider is giving out small samples of your cookies. Letting people taste your cookies, may win them over quicker. That way they will find out they not only look good, but they also taste good. Something to consider when seeking future orders.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%