Little White Paper Cups???

Baking By heather1 Updated 20 Oct 2008 , 8:17pm by Ironbaker

heather1 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 5:02pm
post #1 of 14

I've seen pictures of cupcakes that are in white paper cups(kind of like what you put your ketchup in at McDonalds except bigger). I would like to try these but have no idea how to use them or where to find them. Any istructions or sugestions? TIA

13 replies
mcdonald Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 5:05pm
post #2 of 14

they are called "nut cups" and I have been able to buy them at Hobby Lobby and/or Michaels. My cake supply store also has them. I use them the same as the regular cupcake holders... I do spray mine lightly with Pam so they don't stick though..

mrsw Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 5:05pm
post #3 of 14

Those cups are called nut cups. I've found them at party supply stores and online. They are a thicker paper than cupcake/candy papers.

toodlesjupiter Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 5:06pm
post #4 of 14

You can buy them at Michaels. They're called nut cups I believe. You can just bake your cupcakes in regular liners and slide them in once they're cool. HTH!

heather1 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 5:09pm
post #5 of 14

Thanks for the info. Now this is probably a stupid question, but is there a reason why people use these instead of liners?

twooten173 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 5:16pm
post #6 of 14

GFS Foods also carries them.

ladyellam Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 5:18pm
post #7 of 14

They are also called souffle cups. I like them because you can put them on a regular baking sheet. You don't need a cupcake pan. If you have a smart and final nearby, you can get a package of 250 for about 5 bucks. I think at Michaels, they are 24 for 1.89.

I really like them and I have to credit Melvira for telling me about them. She is the Queen of nut/souffle cups and Bettercreme!


Mandica12182 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 5:33pm
post #8 of 14

Most people use them because of the fact that you do not need a cupcake pan...just use a regular old bakign pan for them. And some people just like the look of them.

I find that they can be difficult to I suggest cutting the little ridge with some scissors after baking...that's what I did when I used them.

bakincakin Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 12:31pm
post #9 of 14

Could someone please tell me a good online site you get these from? Is the size something like 3 1/4 diameter? I am having a very hard time finding these little stinkers.


bakincakin Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 7:37pm
post #10 of 14

Anybody...please...I can't find nut cups anywhere. What is a goold online site to buy these?


andpotts Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 7:35pm
post #11 of 14

I love Party Nut Cups, they look really nice and the cupcakes bake up so nicely in them, no need for a cupcake pan and once you learn how to open them they aren't difficult at all!
I get mine at Cash n' Carry fortunately mine is right next to my Michaels! I buy the 4oz and 3.5, but I prefer the 4, just use a scoop and fill. I think they are overpriced at Michaels, I get a big sleeve of them about 250 for $4-$5, but if that's your only option give them a try. I have never had a sticking problem, ever, so I don't spray them, just line them up on a sheet and bake icon_smile.gif
I have a great tutorial of sorts that introduced me to them, I can send it to you if you want (won't let me attach here). People around here love when they get cupcakes from me in them. Good luck! Andrea

cutthecake Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 7:55pm
post #12 of 14

I think Wilton makes them.....nd they are sold at Michael's, AC Moore, Joann, etc.

cookieswithdots Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 8:00pm
post #13 of 14

So-- these nut cups are safe to bake it? Also-- what is the trick to opening them?


Ironbaker Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 8:17pm
post #14 of 14

Before I fill them, I use scissors to cut a tiny slit in them so they're easier to tear later.

Quote by @%username% on %date%