Hard Candy Pond For Farm Theme Cake With Fondant Fishes?

Decorating By GrandmaVicki Updated 7 Oct 2008 , 6:14pm by grams

GrandmaVicki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaVicki Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 4:14pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone ever made lollipop mixture and poured it over condant or gum paste to make a pond' Here is my idea and I want to see what all of you experts thin, I plan on cutting out a pond shape out of my tw layers of faom board cover with foil and then form fishes from gumpaste or fondant using tooth picks stick in another layer of faom baord bottom layer so that hey don't move let set up to dry and then pour blue tinted lollipop candy over to make pond then cover board with marshmellow fondant add barn cake animals fence from pretzels lillipads and fondant frog. What do you all think will it work. it is for my grandaughters birthday and she has been planning for over a year her farm theme cake. looking for ideas pictures or any help you all can think of? Grandam Vicki

4 replies
chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 4:27pm
post #2 of 5

That sounds like work. Why not just color some piping gel and use that as water?

GrandmaVicki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaVicki Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 5:53pm
post #3 of 5

Istill looking to see if anyone has done thi before. I have usedpiping gel before and it is not the look I want.
I get a little carried away with grandkids cakes. I know but I only have 4 grandchildren and they are only little once Vicki

grams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grams Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 6:11pm
post #4 of 5

Wouldn't your hard candy mixture be hot when you pour it and melt the fondant figures?

How about using the blue jello and making it according to the jigglers recipe that could be alot cooler when you poured it.

grams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grams Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 6:14pm
post #5 of 5

Wouldn't your hard candy mixture be hot when you pour it and melt the fondant figures?

How about using the blue jello and making it according to the jigglers recipe that could be alot cooler when you poured it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%