You Have To Watch This!

Lounge By sweetness_221 Updated 19 Oct 2008 , 6:30pm by butternut

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 1:24pm
post #1 of 4

This is crazy! I came across this video about McDonalds. I don't think my kids are going to be getting a happy meal anymore.

3 replies
TheCakeGirl87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeGirl87 Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 4:18pm
post #2 of 4

that is disturbing!

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 6:22pm
post #3 of 4

Actually, to be honest, the video doesn't really say anything at all about the value of the food. She used shoddy "experimental" techniques to make a point, in hopes that people wouldn't think too hard about it.

She compared raw potato that had been cut and aged to cooked/salted fries that had been aged. Hello...cooking (and adding preservatives like salt) modifies the structure of the food. It's not a surprise that something that had dried out (like the bun) didn't get moldy.

She left the burger unwrapped, open the the air, and it dehydrated. Dehydrated food doesn't get moldy...that's why camping food is dehydrated.

I'm not trying to say that fast food is particularly health, but her "demonstration" didn't show anything at all. You could do the same thing with a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread, if you put it out in a dry climate. It would dry out before it got moldy. I know this, because of a regrettable tendency my son used to have of not eating his sack lunch, and hiding it in his bedroom. (eeewwwww)

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 6:30pm
post #4 of 4

I wish that she would have elaborated a bit more on what she "thinks" the food is. She made the comment that this couldn't be "real" food. I just wonder what she thought it was?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%