Couple Of Mini Cakes Questions

Decorating By berryblondeboys Updated 7 Oct 2008 , 1:23am by tony_sopranos_ebony_girl

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 12:18pm
post #1 of 3

First about how to get them sized: I've been doing a back search and it seems logical and recommended to kind of cookie cutter out pieces from a larger cake for mini cakes. It probably gives you moister pieces and more "straight/flat" tops

Question is though: where do you find 4", 3", and 2" circles?

Next, how tall do you make them? If I have 4", 3" and 2" tiers, how tall should each be? Should it get shorter as it gets smaller? Or is it 2", 2" 2" tall of cake (will get taller with filling? I can't imagine having it start out as a 4" cake at 3" tall, but maybe it should?

Or should it be 2", 2", 1.5"??? Am I overthinking it here?

Melissa

2 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 2:20pm
post #2 of 3

I have one of those little 2 tiered mini cake pans and the whole thing with both tiers is like 3 inches tall, I made one with a 3" round cake underneath and the whole thing was the height of a can of soda. I think the minis are more around 1 1/2 inches tall per layer.....but that depends on the look you're going for too!

tony_sopranos_ebony_girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tony_sopranos_ebony_girl Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 1:23am
post #3 of 3

Hey BBB

I hope this helps thumbs_up.gif ... if not maybe you can do a similar search for something more to the size you are looking for ... I read about biscuit cutters being used for mini cakes in a cake book

http://www.thehomemarketplace.com/homemarketplace/Shopping/ProductDetail.aspx?CID=Baking+Accessories&SCID=Biscuit+Cutters&CollectionID=DC0000451&SourceCode=50508000080&Affid=1

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%